Getting through work you really don't want to do....

I have a lot of reports and things to do this week that I really REALLY don't want to do. Tedious work, not fun and other things pushing for my time. I just don't seem to be able to get going though as much as I know I must.

Any good strategies for kicking yourself up the backside to get things like this going?

wave

muppets_1.jpg

Get stuck in!

Often have I sat down at my desk in a morning and sighed deeply at the crap I have to do - and wasted a ton of time thinking about it. If only I just got on with it. Easier said than done of course.

Anyway, lets dance.

groovy

Yeah Soubs has it right. Deal with the worst to start with. Also make sure you can manage the right sort of time periods when you can work with out disturbance and clear some decks. Unfortunately, going into the office on Saturday is often the best way to get this sort of peace.

Originally Posted By: gambarimasu
5 day?! You taking days off or do we have another holiday?

There is a public holiday on the 13th of October and Yokohama elementary schools are off on the preceeding Friday and following Tuesday!! veryshocked cheers groovy

I had a difficult week and was getting really frustrated on Friday, so I'm just doing nothing this weekend other than recharge and lounge about. When I get in that 'don't want to do this mood' there's no point in wasting time pretending to - best to go out and do something completely different until the attitude changes.

I have just had one of those "want to throw the computer out the window" experiences. Of course, my fault but I just could not for the life of me get an Excel accounts file to balance out. Just spent the best part of 3 hours messing around with it and trying to find what I did wrong and it was so annoying.

I hate accounts.

I want the rest of the day off.

There's been very few days that I've ever actually wanted to go and do work. I've never cared less about developing some great career or making lots of money. I only work to get some money to do the things that I actually do enjoy in this life. Leaving Australia to live in a ski resort in Hokkaido was a big step in ensuring I get to more time to do the things I enjoy.