Hey,

Just found this page. So.. Any skiing girls here? wavey

Sweden doesn't have the best skiing in the world so I'm going to spend jan-mars skiing in Japan, am now trying to figure out where. Niseko maybe. Want good skiing! and not so crowded. doesn't have to be the best apres ski just a pub to have that beer you do need after a long day skiing smile

So to my question, since Im going alone, does anyone wanna go skiing with me? hehe, no seriously (all my friends have boring jobs or want to spend there time on the beach! I don't get it!?) Just want to see if anyone else is planning the same thing, just skiing not workning. we'll see. Working now and saving money for the trip so.

/E

If you're looking for not so crowded then I wouldn't suggest Hirafu. The place is packed with foreigners for much of the winter. It has much more than just a pub with some of the best apres ski entertainment in the country. Plus finding a place to stay for that length of time if you haven't already organised it may not be that easy now. If you were to stay in Higashiyama it might be more what you're after. Otherwise there's dozens of good resorts throughout the country that have great skiing and quiet slopes.

Thanks everybody for welcoming me smile

I looked at that snowboarding thing too.

and of course snowboarders too snowboarding-sally! I do snowboard too (try to) Where will you spend your winter?

male, female, snowboarder or skier (or whatever) as long as you enjoy the mountain, snow.. biggrin

tickets are booked, 30 dec to 30 mars! now trying to figure out where, have to look up Higashiyama. There is so many places and the more I read about different places the more unsure I get. I guess I want the best of two things, not crowded in the slopes but not all quiet after. well, if anyone has lovely little spot give me a shout. I'll keep looking smile

Hello Emilia,

I'll be doing my first season this year in Japan, been snowboarding for 2 yrs now and at 33 decided to take six months off from work to travel around.

I'll be in Hakuba 20th January for a month, maybe longer then i'll be heading up to Hokkaido.

I'm sure you'll have a ball.

Maybe we'll catch up somewhere.

Have fun.

Have been looking at Rusutsu now, looks good. since I want off-pist.

Is there really nothing to do besides skiing at Rusutsu? That's what is sounds like when you read the review..

I want not just pist, from what I have read there is a lot of closed off areas in the skiresorts in japan. Is it very strict?

Originally Posted By: Emilia
I guess I want the best of two things, not crowded in the slopes but not all quiet after. well, if anyone has lovely little spot give me a shout. I'll keep looking smile

Have you considered Furano? I see from your posts you'd like a town with activities - Furano is a proper town of 26,000 people. You walk to town from the lifts.

Aside from Furano Ski Area itself, off pisters pursue powder via day trips to Kamui Ski Links (reportedly one of the most liberal off piste policies in Japan), Tomamu resort, Mt Asahidake and Mt Tokachi. There is talk of off-piste guided tours off Furano Ski Area this season too. Bus tours for these day trips run almost daily during the season.

Hi Emilia. I'm in the same boat. I'm arriving for a month at the end of January. I usually ski/board in Chamonix [with many many (many!) of your compatriots] so am worried that I have become spoiled by the nice mix of steep, off piste, and backcountry-- not to mention good apres!

well, this is it.

I'm going to japan, on my own.. :S

it would be great if there are any girls that are going to ski there. Or guys :] doesn't matter. since where i come from it's hard to find girls that ski/board the topic just happened to be "skiing girls" :] fun to find somebody alike.

I'm looking for a place to stay now, what I probably will end up doing is Niseko for jan-feb (maybe furano before moving, depending on price and stuff) and then Hakuba mars. Would that be a good plan?? smile