just for the sake of being whiney,

I always hated that word "quiver" when used in this context. " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" /> It just doesn't bring up the right mental imagery.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing as how you line the boards up and photograph them, how about 'lineup'? It's not like you insert all your boards in a narrow tube and carry them with you as the term 'quiver' suggests.

Or, just as we say 'a pod of whales', a 'business of ferrets', and a 'school of fish', how about 'an excitement of boards'?

Post your excitement for us all to drool over! (Mine will be coming soon...)

Ah that doesnt matter Just want to see some pics.

Got the day off today so its a PC watching day.

Ocean, its about history. If we go around changing every word all the time then we will just confuse ourselves. Is the KIT better all be it a football term. How about the pile all be it a more garbage term.

As for quiver, I do actually carry all my gear around in a tube. Well, it is a kind've tube anyway. It is a long narrow bag with wheels designed to carry ones "quiver" on trips with very little shoulder and carry stress to the owner.

Henceforth I shall call my selection a quiver. ;\)

\:D

Wll, when you ride on skis called Pocket Rockets one can really help it!

but really I am an extremely passive person whom only attacks beautiful wholesome innocent girls at the bars clap.gif

Nah I like the word quiver, it has the conotation of thinking to oneself

"what will my weapon of choice be today?" and thats nice, having the choice.

Being an complete munter I STILL havent decided what to get so there is a big fat nothing in my quiver.

and jeez lay off Shimba

stop being mean you fellas

Is it no coincidence that those who have used, or come out slightly in favor of the word quiver - i.e. Fattwins, Zwelgen, and Mogski are all forward facers. . .

while those who oppose it, or have suggested other words - i.e. mikazooki, myself and Ocean11, are all sidewinders ?

with a sample size of 6, I'd say I am ready for my conclusion, that yes indeed, skiers can keep that lame-o word, but it is high time for we boarders to get our own. suggestions ? looks like we have "excitement" and "bucket" so far . . .

Quote:
Originally posted by barok:
...skiers can keep that lame-o word. . .
If I didn't know you my post would be this mad.gif but seeing as I do I will let this one slide and give you this :p instead!