Yeah, I was thinking -What's the big deal? It's not like it's a performance enhancer! But come to think of it, sumo wrestlers could definitely put on a few more pounds if they've got the munchies all the time.

So that's what all that fuss was all about. I saw the dudes being hustled about on the news, but I wasn't really paying attention to the words.

Did they partake of the herb recently, or was it a really long time ago?

One guy was caught with weed. The other guy got brought in because they are brothers. The laws in Japan are strict you break them and the hammer falls hard. Is it scandal free heck no but this is Japan it is not a western country. You know the risks if you do this.

The way he was caught could only happen in Japan.

Basically the guy lost his wallet, with all his money, Visa, ID cards etc and a joint in the coins pocket.

In any other country in the world, the guy that would find it, would probably smoke the joint and buy some more weed with the money he found in the wallet. razz

In Japan, someone found the wallet, brought it to the police station intact, the police found the joint and the owner of the wallet got arrested!!! lol

The other 2 guys where arrested because they were found positive to marijuana from blood tests, totally ridiculous.

the 2 guys couldn't have been arrested since having marijuana in your system is not against the law (possession is). They were banned for life from sumo though.

the first guy got busted because 1)he admitted it was his (when all he had to do was say 'it wasn't there when i lost the wallet'. There was no proof that from the time he lost it to the time it was handed it nobody placed the joint there.

but it's a moot point because 2) he had pipes and marijuana ashes in his ashtray

it's funny hearing about it on the news because they refer to it as doping

I think they were saying in the news last night that the other 2 guys got arrested too.

Thats because the level of marijuana in their system was too high to claim "passive smoking".

Its the same as with LSD and E, once detected in your system you are arrested. You cant claim that someone fed it to you.

I can see a little bit about being kicked out of the sumo association for testing positive for a banned substance. Makes sense.

I dont get how the can be arrested for only testing positive and not holding any illegal substance on their person nor in their house. Thats just dumb.

It stays in your system for roughly 30 days and if you happen to be losing weight...even some time later, it can still be detected when released from fat cells. At least in other drugs its usually outta your system in a few days.

Sorry, I made a mistake. They were not arrested, but baned from Sumo because the level of marijuana was higher than the WADA limit.

検査機関ã§å¤§éº»ã®é™½æ€§åå¿œãŒå‡ºãŸãŸã‚日本相撲å”会ã‹ã‚‰è§£é›‡ã•ã‚ŒãŸå…ƒå¹•å†…露鵬(28)ã¨å…ƒå両白露山(26)ã®ãƒ­ã‚·ã‚¢äººå…„弟ã¯ï¼™æ—¥ã€ãã‚ã£ã¦æ²ˆé»™ã‚’貫ã„ãŸã€‚元白露山ã¯ã“ã®æ—¥ã€æ±äº¬ãƒ»æ±Ÿæ±åŒºã®åŒ—ã®æ¹–部屋ã‹ã‚‰éƒ½å†…ã®è‡ªå®…マンションã¸ç§»å‹•ã—ãŸãŒã€å ±é“陣ã®å•ã„ã‹ã‘ã«ã¯ã„ã£ã•ã„å¿œã˜ãªã‹ã£ãŸã€‚

解雇ã¨ã„ã†ç¾å®Ÿã‚’å—ã‘入れãŸã‚ˆã†ãªã„ã§ç«‹ã¡ã ã£ãŸã€‚åˆå¾Œï¼‘時éŽãŽã€åŒ—ã®æ¹–部屋ã®çŽ„é–¢ã‹ã‚‰å§¿ã‚’ç¾ã—ãŸå…ƒç™½éœ²å±±ã¯ã€ï¼´ã‚·ãƒ£ãƒ„ã«çŸ­ãƒ‘ンã¨ã„ã†ãƒ©ãƒ•ãªæ ¼å¥½ã€‚ã¾ã’ã¯æ­¢ã‚ãšé‡‘色ã®å¾Œã‚髪を帽å­ã§è¦†ã„ã€ç„¡è¨€ã§éƒ¨å±‹é–¢ä¿‚者ãŒç”¨æ„ã—ãŸè»Šã®åŠ©æ‰‹å¸­ã«ä¹—り込んã ã€‚

8日ã®å†ç™ºé˜²æ­¢æ¤œè¨Žå§”員会ã§ã¯ã€ï¼–月ã®ãƒ­ã‚µãƒ³ã‚¼ãƒ«ã‚¹å·¡æ¥­ä¸­ã«å¤§éº»ã‚’å¸ã£ãŸã“ã¨ç™½çŠ¶ã—ã¦ã„ãŸã“ã¨ãŒå ±å‘Šã•ã‚ŒãŸã€‚検査機関ã®æ¤œæŸ»ã§ã‚‚ã€ä¸–ç•Œåドーピング機関(WADA)ãŒå®šã‚る基準値ã®å…ƒéœ²éµ¬ãŒï¼•å€ã€å…ƒç™½éœ²å±±ãŒï¼‘ï¼å€ã¨ã„ã†å¤§éº»æˆåˆ†ãŒæ¤œå‡ºã•ã‚ŒãŸã“ã¨ã‚‚ã‚ã‚Šã€ç†äº‹ä¼šã§è§£é›‡å‡¦åˆ†ã‚’å—ã‘ãŸã€‚

元露鵬ã¯å¼è­·å£«ã‚’通ã˜ã¦è§£é›‡ã‚’ä¸å½“ã¨ã—ã€æ³•çš„手段ã«è¨´ãˆã‚‹ã“ã¨ã‚’示唆ã—ã¦ã„ã‚‹ãŒã€å…ƒç™½éœ²å±±ã¯è‡ªèº«ã®æ°—æŒã¡ã‚’明らã‹ã«ã—ã¦ã„ãªã„。ãã‚Œã§ã‚‚å‰æ—¥ã®ç¾½ç¹”ã¯ã‹ã¾å§¿ã‹ã‚‰ã‹ã‘離れãŸå§¿ã«é–¢å–ã®é¢å½±ã¯èª­ã¿å–ã‚Œãªã‹ã£ãŸã€‚

åŒã˜ãƒ­ã‚·ã‚¢å‡ºèº«ã§å¤§éº»æ‰€æŒå®¹ç–‘ã§é€®æ•ã•ã‚ŒãŸå…ƒå¹•å†…若ノ鵬ãŒã€æ­¦è”µå·ç†äº‹é•·ã«å¾©å¸°ã‚’懇願ã—ãŸãŒæ‹’å¦ã•ã‚Œã‚‹ãªã©ã€ç½®ã‹ã‚ŒãŸçŠ¶æ³ã¯åŽ³ã—ã„。四é¢æ¥šæ­Œï¼ˆãã‹ï¼‰ã®ãƒ­ã‚·ã‚¢äººå…„弟ã®ã‚ã™ã¯è¦‹ãˆãªã„

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20080910-00000028-sanspo-spo

Only the guy that possessed got arrested.

You are a professional athlete and you are being watched. whether you agree or not Japan is strict with their laws. It allows us to live in this bubble of safety. Anything from drinking and driving, to a car accident, a fight or drugs or etc. Is treated very harshly here. You can disagree but that is just Japan.