Hey, danz! Wie geht's? Greeting from Germany.

In my experience to take Ferry to Hokkaido (I believe it was ibaraki or Tochigi?? to muroran....) not that bad... but my problems about that trip was...

Muroran to Niseko is too far... and road was quite icy...and long way to go with winter road condition. So if you go with the car which you used to visit Hakuba together in December last year... it might be a bit... taihen.

By the way, I still "in touch" with Kuma in Finland, (he went back to home country) his season seems start in 10 days in Finland... mad.gif

My season start in 20 days \:D

Please greeting to everyone who I know near you ;\)

Ciao!

Danz,

There are a couple of way to get there by ferry.

1. Ooarai - Muroran

As Snowflakes said Muroran - Niseko is a trip.

2. Niigata - Tomakomai

Of course Tokyo - Niigata is a trip, but the ship was very nice equipped with Jacuzzi.

The fare is not counting a car - look into JTB time table book for the current rate, it is not cheap.

I've done the ferry thing twice and it was great both times...a little smoky but comfortable enough...go with the upgrade to get a bed..its only 24 or 25oo more...well worth it for two nights sleeping...connections in Otaru are spot on and you will be skiing by noon on the day you arrive! Might give it another go this xmas...we were up there for 12 days last year!