I picked up a Braun electronic toothbrush when I was back in the states and have only been using it for like the last 5 or 6 days. But, Im amazed at how different they are from standard toothbrushes. My teeth are a thousand times cleaner, are getting much whiter, and feel so good when I rub my tongue along the front or back. I actually enjoy brushing my teeth using that thing. If less than a week makes this much difference, I wonder what a lifetime would be like. The only odd thing is not doing that brushing motion, but rather just moving it along in quadrants/sections.

Got 4 different style brushes and they all work differently. Kinda fun changing them around and seeing the effects.

Anybody else use an electronic toothbrush? Oral B gets my vote smile

Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
My teeth are a thousand times cleaner, are getting much whiter, and feel so good when I rub my tongue along the front or back.

I'm with you here.

Kind of forgot about it, taking it for granted now. But I do remember the feeling of luxury at the beginning.
Plus I am extremely lazy, and the back and forth, up and down, just doesn't do it for me.

One of those ultra sonic things, right? I've got one too. They sell then in Japan but Yodobashi and places seem to have older models so you have to go to Sony Plaza or Cost-co if you want the newer ones without the funny cover thing behind the brush.

Lazy b@rstards!! the amount of energy expended brushing teeth a couple of times a day wouldn't be worth the cost if the batteries (or recharges) - Get a grip (on a mandraulic toothbrush) and stay a little fitter!

What's next? An electric hair brush? Sheesh??

Right on CB, you preaching ot converted with me!

I had one of the old school basic Braun/Oral B jobs for about 3-4 years - until Costco stop selling the bulk refills packs of the basic heads ( they only stock the fancy newer heads now - bastards)

The basic heads are bloody expensive in a supermarket/drugstore here.

I used it until the battery wouldn't hold a charge anymore.

Then the good wife found a 2 for 1 deal one a Sonic toothbrush. Not a name brand one, so it was much cheaper, its called a "sonic beauty".

I always thought the braun oscillating one was great, but the sonic one is even better, its the shizz, Because you barely use any pressure at all: you can get 5-6 months out of a head and still looks like it has hardly been used. You use just a smidgeon of toothpaste and the sonic action cleans you teeth superbly well, plaque has no chance and your gums love it.

JA - get with program man! its not about lazy, it's about doing a great job, you wouldn't tell a builder he is lazy for using a power drill/driver on the job instead of a mandraulic screwdriver would you?

Modern oscillating and sonic toothbrushes really do work and do a far better job at cleaning you teeth than a manual toothbrush could ever do.

Actually a better analogy is making a milkshake by hand - shaking the bottle, or using a blender.

Spend a little now on one and potentially save dropping a wad of cash at the dentist later.

Using a regular old brush now, I feel like a neanderthal, clumsily poking it around, I feel like I haven't done it properly once I have finished.

No, I refuse to go there because THEY HURT!

Simply, it is a matter of effort. If the Dentist is seeing 20 patients a day, and polishing their teeth, then he deserves the mechanical assistance. BUT, as an individual, I am cleaning my teeth just twice a day, How much effort is that? Not a lot, and battery assistance is just plain laziness!

Originally Posted By: soubriquet
(JA dogbreath wink )

Nah! I brush and I floss, no dogbreath here! But I do both mandraulically, no artificial stimulants or performance enhancing mechanical devices!

Yeah I got an electric tooth brush been using them for years, they are great!

One thing to be careful of though, especially here in Japan, they are a pain in the back side for suddenly stop selling a product or spare parts without notice.

I bought a braun electric toothbrush ages ago, and was really happy with it, when I went to buy new brush heads they were no longer selling them, and was told that that model and the brush heads had been discontinued, so I had to buy a complete new brush and brush heads.

They love to keep changing stock here, I think it's the only way the manufacturers and shops here can stay in business is by ripping off the public by forcing people to by new things they don't need.

Originally Posted By: snowdude
...when I went to buy new brush heads they were no longer selling them, and was told that that model and the brush heads had been discontinued, so I had to buy a complete new brush and brush heads.

They love to keep changing stock here, I think it's the only way the manufacturers and shops here can stay in business is by ripping off the public by forcing people to by new things they don't need.

Common in all manner of things, that! It's called planned obsolescence! Even manual toothbrushes go through a series of changes, just so you can say you have the most up to date model! At least they work without having to get a whole new machine, and they don't cost anywhere as much!

JA, I cant disagree with you more on this. I never thought electronic toothbrushes would be this much better than regular one's, but theyre not even on the same playing field. Compare a fighter jet to a propeller airplane. True theyre both airplanes, but they cant be compared. Neither can toothbrushes. Say what you will. Its only proving your ignorance on the matter. It has nothing to do with being lazy, it has everything to do with how well they actually clean your teeth. If I actually want "exercise" as you claim brushing your teeth to be, Ill go for a swim or a mtn bike ride like I did yesterday.

Sorry, CB.

Laziness IS the only reason. Generations have managed without the need for a motorised brush, so ...

Anyway, I know I'm a BOF, I also know that I'll never need the assistance of a battery to clean my teeth.

slap

Think what you wish. I brush 3 times daily and do a good job I think. A manual toothbrush doesnt clean as well as an electronic one. If so, why do we go to the dentist to get our "teeth cleaned?" Well, I do at least...

BTW, I shave my head with clippers, should I be doing it with scissors instead? wakaranai

Originally Posted By: BagOfCrisps
Do you use special toothpaste with these things?

No but you use a lot less and you need to put it in your mouth before you turn it on...otherwise it will splodge all over the place.