Hey all,

I am thinking of staying in Hakuba for a month next year. Looking at the accomodation available in the section is very good info. However, I am not sure what the nightlife is like at these backpackers/lodge style accomodations.

Does anyone have any experience with any backpacker resorts or style lodges with a good night life atmoshphere.

Thank you for your input

Alex

In Japan there isn't the same kind of Apres ski as you'll find in Europe and North America. Very few of the resorts will have what you would deem decent nightlife, as mentioned above, Echoland in Hakuba has some, I'd guess that Hirafu up in Hokkaido will be the main centre for nightlife in the Niseko area but other than that I can't think of any other place that would have a booming nightlife. Perhaps people living in or around the resorts could give more details

There is Master brasters, 902, Tomatito, and the Cherry pub in Echoland, plus you can go for Karaoke at Non jays

Happo has the Kohei club, Butter bar and the secret club (was going off last year most nights)

Wadano has the Pub, Sari Sari, and Typhoon cafe,plus the bar in the Tokyu hotel (swanky but hardly goes off)

Plus theres Tracks and Sauce in Goryu and Naughtys in Tsugaike.

Compared to Europe and states the nightlife is pretty low key in Hakuba but I went to Niseko 7 years ago for half a season and it was like a ghost town and now its going off by all accounts so things will definitely get better in the next few years

Well, there's a lot more to do of an evening in Hakuba than in most resort towns, so I wouldn't worry. The locals are friendly from our experience. A good night might start at the Mexican restaurant near Happo, with some food and a few tequilas, carry on (by taxi) to crawl through Echoland and then finish at Tracks (near Goryu / 47). It's all a bit spread out unless you stay in Echoland. There are a few places to go and eat & drink in the village centre - near JR Hakuba station - as well.

Awesome,

I dont need a MASSSIVE night life... I just hope that some people like to party... Like i would show my karoeke skills with the song Down Under...

I just would like a western and japanese mix, which hakuba looks good...

Are any people here going to be in hakuba during the jan/feb period.. It would be good to meet someone that I would know, rather than total strangers.