it sounds as though whistler is having a really hard time at the moment. my friend who is out there now said that the south facing mountains have literally no snow on them. ouch.

i paid the equivalent of 4000yen to ride a place in the uk called tamworth dome. it's fake snow, but bad fake snow, or was when i used to go, on par with tama (rip). a 15 second run with a crap dendex kicker. then back to the lift.

My worst snow was definitely back in Oz. 20hours on a bus from Queensland to Victoria for the pleasure of grinding around over rocks and grass at Mt Hotham. (on the hotham resort's rental boards of course)

This past weekend I skied some horrible snow. But I didn't pay for it.

I have skied in some really bad conditions back home in Canada though.

W/B - Pouring rain

Manning Park - Pouring rain

Fernie - Pouring rain

Hemlock - Many many many times pouring rain

most of them it was a very short day.

Even worse is when a cold front comes in after said pouring rain and freezes everything solid.

Toque, you sure that wasnt Hiroshima? Thats what its been like before.

Ive paid over 5500 for a pass for artificial snow, plus 1000 yen for parking at Saito and Geihoku kokusai.

Bet none of you know that Hiroshima has the most expensive lift tixs in the country - most cost a fortune to make all that snow!! lol.gif

Christmas 1989: The snow was actually good up on the glacier but there was no snow on lower altitudes. People were coming from 2 hours away just to get some snow under their feet.

So half of vacationing Austria was going to this 1 tiny glacier. The lift lines were so long that if you were lucky you could do 6 runs in 1 day.

Yep I once went to Mt Hutt supervising a school trip (thank god I didnt pay) it was at the very beginning of the season and there was a 30cm base with jagged rocks poking through everywhere - there was one run open - one run.

• 2 weeks later...

That would be right at the end of last season in Yuzawa somewhere, Ishiuchi I think. Terrible it was - as heavy as something really heavy. but it was right at the end (and I had a freebie, so no need to complain!)

I learnt to ski in Bulgaria in 1986.( still commie then ) The slope was around 100m loading with a very slight gradient. I was hooked!

Everything since has been a party!

I'm with you there fukdane, yesterday was a shocker. Fukushima was like boiler plate. It stayed cold all day and didn't melt.

Even worse I hit it after three hours sleep, hungover. \:\(