Private Message - Need 20 posts

• SnowJapan Admin
Quote:
Is there any way to get around the 20 posts needed to activate the private messages or use chat box

No, there isn't.

And out of interest, if you do not wish to participat on the forums then why do you wish to use Private Messages?

Alex,

Point well made ... if you want to participate, don't let the fact that you are "limited" in your knowledge of either snow or Japan inhibit you. If you see a topic in which you are interested, jump in and have a say. You'll soon get the idea that you have overstepped the line if you do.

Anyway, limited knowledge in what way?? Never skiied/boarded? If you have, you must have an opinion - and the opinions of newbies are important (if only because they eventually either leave the sport - which is unfortunate - or get to be "old and crusty" - which is the main idea.)

Get stuck in!

Al seems like a modest bloke, not wanting to inflict his uninformed opinion on us just to get his posts up. That's good. I'm looking forward to reading what he does see fit to contribute.

This rule that rubbish doesn't count towards one's 20 posts is a good one, I reckon. This must be a new rule, coz 20 quality posts would be a lofty goal for me.

• SnowJapan Admin

We had to do that ger, we were just getting spammers signing up and quickly posting crap just to get PMs and then trying to flood people with spam/ads. Of course not everyone would do that, but unfortunately, things like this do happen a fair bit and we need to protect the Forums. Some people who were not 'spammers' as such have previously signed up with little intention of taking part, just so that they could send advertising-like PM messages. Not on, that. That's why I asked my question up top.

(If someone with less than 20 posts on the Forums emails us directly to ask for PMs, we will often turn them on for them).

friend

Yes, Uncle SJF was very kind and did that for me because I can only count to 7. I was getting very tired with all that typing because my hand are too little and my chin only just reaches the keybord so it's very difficult to see too.

Hello Uncle AlexMcD,

I don't know anything about skiing either. I am only 22 months old. Last year I went sledding and to a party with lots of people from these forums. It was fun.

In response to your question SJForums I was going to PM someone about accomodation that I saw in an earlier post. Instead of starting a new thread or resurrecting a dead one I was going to PM the person directly.

I would like to give input to SJF but I have never boarded or skiied, or even been to Japan. I plan on going this season for a month or two though.

Nice to see another Tamworth'ite (JA) on the forums... small world this one.

Alex

Soubs,

Australian Country Music (not C & W, that's a yank expression) and you'd likely not get tto much of a response from me - there's a reason I ski Japan in January wink

Welcome to the Forums Alex,

If you're a n00b to Japan and boarding, seriously, enter discussions here, get to know the crew, and have fun.

it helped me heaps, and made my trip this year amazing.

I met so many of the SJ forums crew who helped me around japan.

Have fun mate wave

I am not a big country music fan either - but the MIL is a serious Country Fan...president of the local Country Music Club and all!!!

Honestly,.....join the discussions - ask the questions - there are heaps of people who just quickly flick through the forums looking for the answers to the questions that you are going to ask. Don't be intimidated - we all started sometime (some of us not that long ago!).

Welcome.