8 minutes of ace-ness for London.

Or.... not.

Makes the logo look good.

Someone I know,

"However, what I found bizzare was that the white UK performers were in a minority, even the little girl coming off the bus was of Asian ethnicity. I saw a white 'Hoddie' and a punk.

Has the UK gone too far, and too over the top in playing the multicultural card? Are they alienating the majority? Are they also alienating the non-'Cool' tyes, those who can't 'Street dance' and have to get up every morning to earn money. pay taxes and oh, pay for the 2112 games. No one in that 8 minutes reflected me or anyone I know, just one person would have been a little bit inclusive. I feel like the victim of racism and social exclusion."

Originally Posted By: BagOfCrisps

Are they alienating the majority? Are they also alienating the non-'Cool' tyes, those who can't 'Street dance' and have to get up every morning to earn money. pay taxes and oh, pay for the 2112 games.

They have 600 million pounds in their war chest set aside for London 2012.
Lets head hunting coaches from all around the world.
Good luck to them. I would think the public are enjoying their new found sporting prowess, are they not?

Didn't Becks move to Cali?

I thought the 8 minutes of cultural introduction would have been best served by bringing out the pies, chips and pints myself!! The old white rocker was sweating up a storm - the song choice....ummm...nice song but what was the 'meaning' behind singing it? It was more a 'call to bed' than a 'call of welcome to London'.

The London bus was a nice touch - but isn't it true that the traditional red double decker buses were being sent to the scrap heap? When I was in London 3 years ago they were still there, but the talk was RIDE ONE NOW, they wont be here next week!

Logo...hmmm...with the Union Jack through it I thought it scrubbed up OK - then it popped up in a plain colour again - bleck!

Good Luck to London though ... in the face of adversity may they overcome, just as I think the Chinese have done.

After the dissapointment of not seeing the Beijing Games collapse in a smoggy heap of overbearing police brutality - typical of the Communists to go and do something good when you expect them to do the exact opposite - I'm going to go positive for the London games and predict that they'll be the best ever. Forget about the problems with Whembley, the Tube, the NHS, the railways, Heathrow, the Millenium Dome and, well just about most public services in the UK... 2012 will be a magnificant success and all done very tastefully as well in a kind of West End musical sort of way.

having laughed my arse off when the released the 2012 logo last year, i actually thought the animation sequence they used to introduce the london games last night was very well done. nice and modern, great visuals

as for the dancing and the bus....? wtf? and david beckham - what on earth does he have to do with anything? the commentators said the lass singing was the winner of british idol.... bleurgh. what a tacky amatuerish display that was, especially after the immense feats of the chinese performers.

still i reclon london will come up with something and the games will be ace. different to beijing but i'm sure they will still be good

Originally Posted By: spook
the commentators said the lass singing was the winner of british idol.... bleurgh. what a tacky amatuerish display that was,

That sentence sums up everything about every one of those Idol Shows around the world. I can't believe that they still make them
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Originally Posted By: spook
the commentators said the lass singing was the winner of british idol.... bleurgh. what a tacky amatuerish display that was,

That sentence sums up everything about every one of those Idol Shows around the world. I can't believe that they still make them

Same, same for all the "reality" shows. Anything even vaguely resembling reality is edited out of these waste of electrons shows. And, now there's a school for reality show contestants in the US. Go Figger!

I don't like her, but Leona Lewis is a huge-selling artist in many parts of the world now - reality show winner or not.

One thing that annoys many brits now is the way the "multicultural society" aspect of UK goes way way too far, to an almost laughable extreme - see hardly a white face in that 8 minutes. It's almost racism the other way round and makes a lot of people feel uncomfortable, and unable to feel comfortable talking about it.