Can anyone tell me can you ski across to Annupuri from Higashiyama. I am a novice level skier. OR would it just be better to catch the shuttle from Higashiyama. Have no problem Hirafu to higash. Is it worth going over to Annupuri???

I know it is a long way off but I have to have something to look forward to!!!!

Should be no problem.

Worth it? Depends on what you like. Hirafu, Higashiyama, and Annupuri are different enough from each other that I'd say try all three then go back to the place you like best on subsequent days.

• 2 weeks later...

take the Higashiyama gondola, head left out of the gondola station, then ski down to the single chair.

take the single chair up.

You can only get off to the right. Ski to the right and loop under the single chair.

You'll be traversing away from Higashiyama and Mt Yotei.

Continue to traverse (approx 2-300 m) and you will hit the Annupuri piste that will take you all the way down to Annupuri base station.

Thanks again Mike - I have been looking at the map but was a little unsure on which lifts to take and then where to go now with your EXCELLENT advice I will be able to study it again and come February I will be off on the first day to try it out. CHEERS :-)