Last week me and my girlfriend took a trip to Shikinejima, one of the Izu-shoto islands. After a busy previous 2 weeks, I was looking forward to relaxing on the beach and drinking beer. I wasn't disappointed!!

P8040008.jpg

A beauty of a beach, small and sheltered, the water was really clear and the snorkelling was good

P8080062.jpg

The harbour was picture postcard with some of the most beautifully coloured sea I have ever seen

P8060057.jpg

P8060055.jpg

me and the missus getting some snorkel time in

P8060058.jpg

P8060052.jpg

This is the same beach, and my pick of the island. Absolutely gorgeous. The water here was as clear as I've ever seen sea water, lots of fish swimming around, the best snorkelling on the island

P8060047.jpg

P8060040.jpg

The island is famous for its natural onsen, which are free to use. You can actually see the water bubble up from the sand. As the tide ebbs and flows, the temperature of the baths change, go at low tide at your peril!!!

P8050028.jpg

the beer is cold too smile

P8050023.jpg

P8040014.jpg

the 1st of 4 snakes I saw. I almost crapped my pants!! This was just on the road, the others that I saw were in the forest and moved very fast!!

It is Tsonda, but I've never been elsewhere. The most popular ones are Oshima and Niijima but we reckoned they'd be a bit more party-islands, we just wanted peace and quiet so we chose this one.

haha Bags, thats just the half of it!! biggrin

• 2 months later...