Niseko is ridiculously expensive, im just browsing the net at work now and was wondering if anyone has an hot tips on good cheap property for sale (anywhere) in japan, Near lifts would be ideal! Not too far from public transport yadda yadda.

Any suggestions would be great!!

Holla

I'm with you Al ... would love my own piece of paradise, set up the way I want it, without the problem of it being booked out before I get around to making my booking!!

Would be awesome.

There is not a heap of info on the internet for Hakuba (a bit but not much)...I suspect that is where Niseko get's the buyers because they are actively marketing to that audience through the media of the internet. I am sure there are WAY more opportunities available, just not up on international websites in English. I have not seen any for the other area's - Shiga for example.

• 3 weeks later...

Foreclosures are hard to secure because they go to various auctions.

Houses here are about 170000 US to 350000 US$ depending on location. Because Hakuba doesn't make apartments, the net isn't flooded with information. In all seriousness when you see the flashiest ads for potential properties, they are usually apartments. A good house sells itself an apartment needs to sell the image and easiness of life.

Most major property builders in Niseko are able to turn a profit before they build anything. They sell many of the units and secure the financing. This is what usual resort hotels do these days.

You cant make apartments in Hakuba and sub divide them like Niseko.

Thus you have a trickle of houses that hit the market. So the websites dont need to be as flashy.