So this week is Obon and Tokyo lots of people will desert Tokyo to go back to their family homes. It's one of the quietest times for the city I suppose.

For those remaining in Japan, any exciting plans? Many of my buddies are not around right now, so I'm just going to relax and do exactly not much.

I see. Have a good obon then.

One of those times when the whole of Japan jumps on a train and sits in a traffic jam for x hours to get back to their hometown for a day or two and then does the same a few days later on the way back? wink

well i think its not that bad unless you are going out then back into tokyo. ive travelled during obon many times and never had more than a 30 min traffic jam.

I went rafting down near to Mt.Fuji yesterday. We stayed over in a lodge on one of the foothills of Fuji-san sunday night, had a BBQ and some beers, then Monday we went rafting. It was really good actually. Not giant rapids, but since it was my first time I was more than happy. Got to make a few high jumps into the river and splash around.

TBH Tsonda I'm not sure. I think it must've been the mountains nearby as I wasn't able to see Fuji!! It sure was a giant river (just with the usual trickle of water and a giant dry bed!) and the instructor pointed out all the tributaries that fed into it from Fuji.