hi , i'm planing to go this season to japan for snowboarding for 4-5 months.

i really want to go to hakuba but it seems that i can't find a cheap place to stay and all the places that i found on google and this website are kind of hotels so they are very expansive for me. so i found a pension place in naeba which i can rent a room without sharing and it's not so expensive.

my question are:

how is the snow in naeba?

is the park there is good comparing with hakuba park ?(i saw the website and it's look ok but i'm not sure)

how is the ski patrol there ? do they let to board all over the place when it's powder day?

any other info which help me to make my mind or find a cheap accomadation or someone that have the same plan as me and looking for a partner will be great to hear.

thanks

Snow in Naeba is usually pretty good, but better in Kagura which is connected.

Park not sure.

Ski patrol, not noticed them when I've been.

Night life, some things going on up there in the Prince hotel and around abouts.

Wouldn't want to be there for 4-5 months though!!

For park check Asagai, across Naeba. If you get the 80000 season pass you can use it on 3 resorts, Naeba, Asagai and Kagura. Asagai is one of the best maintained parks in the area. If its powder what you are after, head towards Kagura. Kagura has basically no patrol.

thanks for the replies.

how about the night life in naeba?

and do you think it worth to spend there 3-4 months , of course i would prefere to be in hakuba , but it's seems that it 2 expensive there.

Nightlife in Naeba = close to 0.

Will you be getting a car? The mountains around Naeba can keep you busy enough for 3-4 months.

If I was you, I would be looking to stay somewhere in Yuzawa. Have you looked for a place there?

well, i don't have a car, and i found a cheap pension which i can stay for 3-4 months for real cheap.i think yuzawa it's a little bit far from the mountains, i don't want to find myself everyday spend 30 min to get to the mountain.

i was thinking to go to hakuba, but over there i need to buy 2-3 season passes , because every mountain has his own pass and they are not combine together.

also the accomadation in hakuba it's so expansive.maybe it's really nice there for vacation , but if you want to be there for the all season you must be really rich.

well , thanks for your all replies again , and if someone can give me some addvices i will be happy to hear.

thanks

do you have names fattwins?

SKI- the reason i don't do 3-4 places is that i don't want to spend so much on the season pass. everytime i go to a new place i need to buy new pass , don't i?

and i enjoy the boarding , the place doesn't really matter to me if the snow is good and there is nice park in the area. i was spent 4 season in whistler in a raw , and i never got bord.

but maybe you can help me with some good info,

1. is asagai is part of naeba mountain, because i saw the force park on asagai but on the season pass it's not mantion that asagai it's part of naeba mountain.

2. would you recomentd to stay in yuzawa or naeba? i found cheap pension in naeba.

3.how long have you been there?

thanks SKI

1) It's part of Naeba resort, but 400m up the road from the main resort. Even Naeba aren't too clear about communicating this, but it's classified as part of Naeba. It's season is shorter than the main Naeba hill though (late Dec - early Apr).

2) If you are buying a season pass for Naeba then, Naeba, perhaps - simply because you won't want the 20-40 minute ride every day to Mitsumata/Naeba.

3) In Japan? Over 10 years.

No I'm not Japanese.

I don't do long stay and usually stay with friends anyway, so I don't know about all that lot.

Have you actually tried contacting accommodations with as much effort as you have asking everyone here? wink

hahah, yeah , i have tried , but all those places are hotels or pension , i found 2 backpackers for 600$ a month , but i need to share the room with other people . i wouldn't mind to do that , it's just that i don't want to share it with different ppl every day.