Went skiing today at the outrageously overpriced (well it is England) Chilled Factor indoor fancy ski slope in Manchester.

90 minutes for 17 quid.

The snow was pretty good actually, I was quite surprised, though the slope is just a few hundred m long and not that steep so very beginner friendly. (ie. boring for me).

I was by far the most accomplished person there. lol

Good for a bit of fun.

Don't know how long it is actually, heard it was 180m, sounds about right. Definitely not as long as Suginohara.

Not my photo but this is the main slope.

chillfactor_mainslope_big.jpg

It was good fun for a short while, but I doubt I'll go back.

Too easy and too expensive. Glad I went though.

OK off for a big night out now with some friends from the forums and fellow pie-eaters. See ya!

Originally Posted By: kokodoko
check dubai out.. lol. they even got a chair.. ha ha

ski_dubai_upper_slope.jpg

That's insane! Imagine how much energy is required to refrigerate a building 400m long to below 0 deg. when the outside temp is +40 deg.

Friends have moved to Dubai and recently came back to Perth for a visit - they have taken up skiing at the Dubai dome, the kids are getting lessons and they are looking to a ski holiday for the first time on real life snow in Janaury.

I think they are great! They put snow accessible to people who are not lucky enough to live in it, and possibly encourage people who might otherwise never sample the winter sports a chance to get involved.

There is one proposed for Perth - it will be a small one...but I for one would go. Even if it was (as Koko suggested) for pre season fitness. 6 months is just too long without a run!!!

I would also use one for kids birthday parties - my boys would love inviting thier mates for a session on the slopes (or slope) - and THAT is a heap easier than organising big groups of families to go on a ski holiday together just so the little blighters can pose for each other!

It's the pinnacle of vulgarness to do something like that in Dubai. Throwing so much energy into a ski slope just because you can and pandering to your vanity. I find it way over the top and quite disgusting.

Now, gimme some of that, and I'll probably change my mind.