Both Naeba and Kagura are popular places but I was wondering how many people actually do both in a day using the Dragondola - both are good for a full day and using the Dragondola from one to the other just seems to waste a bunch of time for me and I would prefer to just stick to one and then do a full day in the other rather than mess around with that. Would be interesting to know what most people do and when they use that.

When you want do a couple of days at Kagura but don't get your act together early enough to book a pension at the Mitsumata ropeway.

Naeba to Kagura via the Dragondola is doable but you need to scoot along and keep in mind they close the Tashiro gate (heading back towards Naeba) earlier than you'd expect. It is a fair hike from Naeba to the top runs at Kagura so you really do need to move fairly quickly if you're to make a decent day of it at Kagura, otherwise you'll only have a couple of hours before you have to start heading back.

I think one of the main ideas, apart from the biggest sexiest silliest named gondola, was to get people about to get to Tashiro from the lovely Prince hotel.

If you are caught on the Kagura side when the Tashiro gate closes, you can catch a bus back to Naeba.

Never used the Dragondola as I have always had plenty to do in Kagura

It must have cost a fortune would be interesting to hear if they still like the decision. I used it once, but it ended up taking so long to get to the decent courses at Kagura to the decent courses at Naeba. Good for people staying in Naeba though.

If you like your gondolas long and scenic, the Dragondola will press all the right buttons.... but, as others have said, it takes too long and closes too early. Naeba's a great place mid season and there's more apres ski there, but in my experience the snow is always better up at Tashiro and Kagura, relatively speaking.

Better to stick to one ski area or the other in order not to waste time, unless the snow's crap at Naeba or you have got bored of the place and have time to spare. When the snow's good at Kagura, I see no reason why anyone would do the reverse trip (i.e. a day in Naeba before coming back) unless forced to do so by the weather. High winds are quite a frequent problem affecting lift operations at Kagura / Tashiro. That said, chances are that you wouldn't get as far as the Tashiro end of the Dragondola on a windy day anyway, so the option wouldn't be open to you.