Check them out!

lol

Michael Sherrod and Matthew Rayback, the authors of a new book, Bad Baby Names, have looked into a century of US census reports and discovered that the history of weird names is longer, and stranger, than most of us could have possibly imagined…

Here, in ascending order of weirdness, are the 20 strangest:

20: Wanna Funk

19: United States

18: Lotta Bacon

17: Hysteria Johnson

16: Waitress Seholley

15: Nail Rambo

14: Jump Jump

13: Tackle Feigenbutz

12: Mustard M.Mustard

11: Jelly Bean Cook

10: Fat Meat Fields

9: Geography Bryan

8: Zero Pie

7: Cylinder Klinefelter

6: Nice Veal

5: Cylclops Walthour

4: Envy Burger

3: Cancer Grindstaff

2: Young Boozer

1: Dracula Taylor

They are pretty sad.

There are also the parents who do not think about what thier names will sound like to when said rapidly and outloud to thier teenaged class mates - Like when Mr and Mrs Hoffman name thier son Jack.

Or the girl I went to school with whose initials were VD.

Less stupid - but none the less - I thought all parents sat down and analysed what the initials looked like, and sounded like etc before landing thier kids with certain names....

doh

Saw this the other day..

WELLINGTON, New Zealand - A family court judge in New Zealand has had enough with parents giving their children bizarre names here, and did something about it.

Just ask Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii. He had her renamed.

Judge Rob Murfitt made the 9-year-old girl a ward of the court so that her name could be changed, he said in a ruling made public Thursday. The girl was involved in a custody battle, he said.

The new name was not made public to protect the girl's privacy.

"The court is profoundly concerned about the very poor judgment which this child's parents have shown in choosing this name," he wrote. "It makes a fool of the child and sets her up with a social disability and handicap, unnecessarily."

The girl had been so embarrassed at the name that she had never told her closest friends what it was. She told people to call her "K" instead, the girl's lawyer, Colleen MacLeod, told the court.

In his ruling, Murfitt cited a list of the unfortunate names.

Registration officials blocked some names, including Fish and Chips, Yeah Detroit, Keenan Got Lucy and Sex Fruit, he said. But others were allowed, including Number 16 Bus Shelter "and tragically, Violence," he said.

New Zealand law does not allow names that would cause offense to a reasonable person, among other conditions, said Brian Clarke, the registrar general of Births, Deaths and Marriages.

Clarke said officials usually talked to parents who proposed unusual names to convince them about the potential for embarrassment.

on the radio they also said there was someone called Midnight Chardonnay!

Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
A friend in high school had the name "Anita Ho" and when said quickly...

find it really sad parents could name their kids like that. no wonder responsibility has become a joke everywhere.

That's a perfectly alright name considering the family name is Ho æ²³ and an English name used instead of the Chinese name. I know lots of Ho's doh

rollabout

I thought the truckie with the last name of Slob was bad! But Ohhhh MY!

I hope the young mans given name was not Ivor!!

It makes me realise that I really did not have a lot to complain about with my name growing up. I hated it because it was hypenated...two names! It was so UNIQUE (except for my immediate family). My grandparents parish priest made an error on thier marriage certificate hypenating my grnadfathers middle name and his surname - they liked it doh And change it by deed poll. I took my husbands name at 20 with such rapidity it was not funny. But compared to these poor souls _ I had NOTHING to complain about!!

Some of the Afro-american names are pretty weird. Its like they are so doped out from the epidural, that when asked the name, its a mash up of normal names. (This is not meant as a slight on anyone)

I always laugh at LaFawnduh from Napoleon Dynamite.

but some of the names above are just plain cruel.. Just call them Max Power, at least its cool and can be spelled easily.

Originally Posted By: Indo
Spill the beans MamaB!

I knew I should not have said anything!!! LOL! doh
My Grandfathers surname was Pickin, his middle name was Wight as in the Isle of Wight - they hyphenated them. 20 years and it was gone for me....my two brothers, and two male cousins are stuck with it forever. So far the only one to procreate has been the older of my two younger brothers - he has two name carriers to continue on the sadness!

...and that is exactly what I got through High School. Inventive lot they were! LOL!

But compared to Envy Burger...hey! I got off lightly!!!

I did go to High School with a girl called 'Bean' though... she musta really loved her parents.

It is unbelievable what names some parents give their children! There should be a law that allows the courts to both fine and publicly humiliate the parents so that they can experience what their kids would go through when older, that would make parents think twice before giving their kids stupid names.

Sorry but parents who give out totally bizarre and stupid names are completely irresponsible and should not be a parent.

Just my rant for the evening!

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
...and that is exactly what I got through High School. Inventive lot they were! LOL!

But compared to Envy Burger...hey! I got off lightly!!!

I did go to High School with a girl called 'Bean' though... she musta really loved her parents.

I knew a guy called "McBean"!! lol

seriously, I couldn't believe it was his real name

If they met up and got married Tubby my school friend would have been called...

Bean McBean

...that just prompts me to add in a whole other kind of 'stoopid' when it comes to naming your children.

Jeff Jeffries

Manus McManus

Michael Michaels

William Williamson

Helloooooo!!! Anybody home???? What were these parents smoking that made it seem really cool to them?

Seriously, though.

Went to Christian Fellowship with a young lass called Phillipa. She had a brother Stephen (I think it was) Box. I guess she did a MammaBear as soon as she could, and changed her name.