Hi there, I'm quite new here (so please be gentle)

wave

Last season was my first skiing and I was able to get out 6 times. Not got my own gear yet but hoping to and really getting into is next winter.

I went to a few places - Kawaba and Marunuma in Gunma and Naeba in Niigata. The snow seemed really good (though I'm no expert) especially in Gunma.

I was wondering, generally was last season a 'good one' for snow, average or how would you generally rate it?

Thanks.

Waaay more than any Oz resort has EVER had! I'd say it was pretty damned good! But then, compared with rock hopping and mud sliding, ...

wink

It was a fairly good season. My only gripe was that it ended a little prematurely (I hoped for some late season falls in April that never materialised), but I managed to get out more than ever before. Certainly compared to the late-starting 2006-7 season, 2007-8 was a welcome return to form.

What keeps me going at this time of year is the prospect of autumn, getting some new gear and watching the skies as the nights get cooler and fresher. The uncertainty of when and where the snow will start is all part of the excitement and attraction.

wobbly - keep at it, the more you ski, the more you'll enjoy it!

Yeah Thurs you lucked out last year. It seemed that all the snow stopped a week or 2 before you got here. Hopefully this coming year will see you neck deep in the fluffy stuff!! thumbsup

For me it was an awesome year, roll on winter!! biggrin

I shoveled 13.5 m in Hirafu Village between the first fall and 29 February.

So up to that point, superb.

From 01 March through to last fall I shoveled 32 cm, so not so superb (the snow on the ground was still very good though).

Last season I spend 12 days in Niseko/Rusutsu and then a week in Shiga Kogen/Nozawa. Spinkle in a few day trips and a long weekend in Myoko and you had a great season.

Best snow of the season --- Myoko.