The beginning of week/mid-week cheerup thread (Mahna Mahna)

Respected sir,

when I got to the top of the building, I found that the hurricane had knocked down some bricks off the top. So I rigged up a beam, with a pulley, at the top of the building and hoisted up a couple of barrels of bricks.

When I had fixed the building, there was a lot of bricks left over.

I hoisted the barrel back up again and secured the line at the bottom and then went up and filled the barrel with the extra bricks.

Then, I went to the bottom and cast off the rope.

Unfortunately, the barrel of bricks was heavier than I was and before I knew what was happening, the barrel started down, jerking me off the ground.

I decided to hang on!

Halfway up, I met the barrel coming down... and received a severe blow on the shoulder.

I then continued to the top, banging my head against the beam and getting my fingers jammed in the pulley!

When the barrel hit the ground, it burst it's bottom... allowing all the bricks to spill out.

I was now heavier than the barrel and so started down again at high speed!

Halfway down... I met the barrel coming up and received severe injury to my shins!

When I hit the ground... I landed on the bricks, getting several painful cuts from the sharp edges!

At this point... I must have lost my presence of mind... because I let go of the line!

The barrel then came down... giving me a very heavy blow and putting me in hospital!

I respectfully request 'sick leave'.