Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:
the annoyances of face shots.
Hmm, this is an oxymoron if I've ever heard one. I get a cold nose anyway, and the jolt of a cloud of cold pow coupled with the swish sound of the light snow sprinkling my face is like a double shot of life at its purest.

May you once know the power of the face shot, Ocean...

I like beening only 173cm tall. Being lower to the ground gives you that extra face shot chance.

I have skied neck deep pow in Kawaba. A week long storm pounded the area dumping 5 feet of snow. I choked a couple of times and had to stop cause I couldnt see a thing.

I do like face shots, but yes, it definately has gotten in my way a few times. When in the trees at Cortina, it was just a big cloud of spray, due to my own trails, and the trails of those I was riding with, and it isn't cool not being able to see in thick steep trees, so I had to stop.

same with a few other times, usually at cortina ,where the steepness adds to the probablity of face shots, i have had to stop cuz of the spray.

i have never had to stop at Nozawa, where it is generally not quite as steep.

and i have choked on the stuff plenty of times, although I don't find that so bad.

this thread is so so lame...is powder all its cracked up to be??? what kind of question is that? is there anything better??? seriously...its on comparison to a barrel. the 2 best feelings in the world by far! if u dont like powder your mental....im like a bit shocked by this topic hey...haha......and face shots are the best....who cares if they stop your vision...its part of the fun...they feel ****ing good...stop whining and throw the tail more...deep and steep...what more could u want???