I'm interested to know what is supposed to be so bad about itunes. I use it and it seems to do the job just fine (ie. sticking tunes on my ipod). I don't think I need it to do anything other than that. (Do I?) Can't say I have used any similar software or felt the need to. Perhaps I am missing out on something amazing I never knew I needed.

Originally Posted By: AET
crickets

Que? In what respect is that a sensible comment? ... and in what sense does it relate to my earlier post?

Maybe I haven't had enough of the powder ... stir

OK, That almost makes sense.

From my perspective, I was trying to sync movies I had created (so I own the copyright) in Quicktime format (so it should play OK on a iPod Classic) from my lappy. Unfortunately, the +1 had already setup sync to her lappy, so I couldn't do it without erasing her sync settings.

OK, we reached an agreement that I would do all the syncing, then trying to add another movie to the existing list, it erased all the "old" ones and just copied the "new" one. Simply means that ALL movies have to be resynced (is that a word??) every time! Cannot just add a new movie. Seems half Assed to me, but then, I'm a BOF!

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
All sounds very complex.

My computer and ipod are all exclusively mine so no dirty paws of anyone else on them no such problems.

smile

lol me too! No worries bout somebody else...! But, I only have an 8gig nano and am thinking about getting a classic that has over 100gigs before I go home...hmmmm, what to do, what to do. Should I tim-tam it and buy one? biggrin

I dont know bout ya'll, but I have mine so its not automatically synced, I dont like that, especially since I have close to 150gigs worth of music and only 8gigs worth that I can use. I do mine manually and like that much more!