Originally Posted By: tsondaboy
I don't think you can you can compare a country with only a few hundred years of history to an empire that stood for more than a millennia.

dont you know? caesar_Bush.jpg

A welcome banner in Rome.

Bush2_1213503473.jpg

"President Bush goes to Rome and contends with an angry populace. Beyond the protests already timed for his arrival, the President's security needs and emergency plans disrupt an entire city, and only add to the popular ire. His "Roman holiday" turns out to be anything but... "

Originally Posted By: thursday.
A welcome banner in Rome.

Bush2_1213503473.jpg

"President Bush goes to Rome and contends with an angry populace. Beyond the protests already timed for his arrival, the President's security needs and emergency plans disrupt an entire city, and only add to the popular ire. His "Roman holiday" turns out to be anything but... "

That's funny, many people in Sydney feel the same way about the Pope's visit.
Originally Posted By: Rag-Doll
That's funny, many people in Sydney feel the same way about the Pope's visit.

No wander why, Pope is no less a political figure than any other politician in the world.
Unless you believe that he is the on earth representative of Gods will.

If He needed representatives, I am sure He would have appointed them Himself. wink
Originally Posted By: Rag-Doll

Maybe this is all a grand strategy by Iran to obtain concessions, who knows?

It might be who knows, there are plenty of examples including acceptance and even help to the Indian nuclear programme!? but are they really after that? After 20+ years of sanctions based on what?

Sofar Iran denies that they are after nukes with their nuclear programme. Why dont we believe them, although most signs (heavy water reactor) are against Iran + the statement of ahmedjinedad "Iran has no plans to attack Israel". We dont hear anything from Iran unless it can used by western government to point to Iran. Who knows it might all be another made up story by Bush and his neo-cons, but this time their script got stalled, but it looks kind of similar to Iraq (where are the biologic weapons?)

I believe that Iran wants very much to be accepted as a respected member of the world community. An Iran that is an accepted member of that community would be an enormous benefit to everyone. But working towards such a situation has been (willfully) squandered, by the pointless hostility and belligerence of US “diplomatic†language --- starting with the “axis of evilâ€. The use of the quote from Khomeiny about wiping out Israel by Admedjinedad can be seen as a late response.

I am not a supporter of Iran and I think a lot of strange mishaps are going on in that country. But I am a supporter of their snow. It is easy to see this issue form the US/western perspective, just read a newspaper or watch the tv. Try taking a look at it from the Iranian perspective.