2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: rach
You work a lot of weekends hey CB? Is it 7 day weeks?

no, not that bad, but not far off either... I have club this Sunday and am covering club most days this month bc I have all of Aug off to go home. Kinda trying to make up for not being here at all and doing more than others. Thing is, one of the other guys puts people on 3 - 4 days then off a week, then on a few days then off a couple. I am going to have to regulate his ass and make it a week+/person, so we can actually have several weeks off. There are 4 of us in this club, so there is no need for us to have to sit around and do nothing. I would much rather spend a week to 10 days straight, then have 2 -3 weeks off straight. He is just one of those wankers who lives at school I guess and doesnt care about doing anything other than coming to work.

I prolly work on average 2 weekends a month. Depending on season more, or less...Busy as hell thats for sure, but thats life as a æ‹…ä»»ã€é¡§å•ã€æ•™è«­ã€ãƒ—ラスアルファ wink

thurs, my last job, I got 4 months vacation/year, and a decent salary to boot; but I didnt like the teaching, nor the hassles I had to deal with those kids either. I love my job here, but wish for more private time and would take a decrease in salary to get it, too. Since most of us, unfortunately, have to work to live, Id at least like to work at a place that I love smile

• 2 weeks later...

klingon, its quite nice - have you tried it yet?

I was surprised to find nama Heartland beer tonight biggrin Thats a very refreshing beer as its so smooth. Its almost watery, but the taste is very distinctive and sits well on your palate. Nice change of pace from typical J-beers on tap. Its nice outta the bottle too if youre lucky to find it in stores. Anybody else like Heartland by Kirin?

Ill be in Okinawa and looking forward to some Orion, but the real treat is all the microbrews back in the States clap Damn there are some fantastic beers out there...Japan greatly lacks in variety.

Anybody else laugh at how all sports drinks taste the same? Why is there only 1 freaking flavor (for the most part). Think bout it, Gatorade, Pocari Sweat, and Aquarius ALL taste the same. There are like 20 flavors of Gatorade back home and they decide to only bring 1 of them into Japan, WTF is up with that? wakaranai Thats just wacked. Dont tell me they have a law about that, too? shifty

Originally Posted By: snowdude
For me it's Yebisu or the bottled ales that they sell in Karuizawa! I can't stand asahi beer it's like drinking knatts p+`*

sure am glad others feel the same way about asahi, Id honestly prefer some kirin happoshu over asahi. Dont know what it is bout that beer, but just cant stand it.

Was at the pig and whistle in shinsaibashi tonight and enjoyed some more kilkennys - such a nice smooth and creamy beer cheers
Originally Posted By: 2pints,mate
There's a Pig and Whistle in my (parents) village. Nice little pub. Perhaps quieter than the one in Shinsaibashi!

2pints, is that a world-wide chain? I know there are quite a few of them across Japan, and considering Im not English, I dont know what chains are there and here. Very nice place, good beers, nice atmosphere, but a bit too much smoking going on for my liking wink

I don't know if it is worldwide CreekBoy but there are lots in England. This one, though, is not actually part of that chain, it's a family owned pub. Fantastic little village pub actually. I should go more when I'm back home.

• 2 weeks later...