• No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
>But for quality, ginga kogen is one of my favourite summer beers

Ger, the white can? Thats brilliant, very similar to Hoegaarden, isnt it?

My staple beers are Hooegarden, Duvel, Ebisu (including the dark), and Ichiban.

Yeah, but it's better than Hoegaarden imo and cheaper if I remember correctly too.
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: -20.7

Yebisu is good too.

I like the newer dark version better than the old one. For a while it seemed like that was the only alternative, slightly zeitaku beer.
Originally Posted By: Mini Me Tarzan
I like to say "cheers" and hit my mum and dad's beer glasses with my cup. I haven't tried beer yet. I don't think I would like it. I don't like drinks with bubbles.

Hey, does your Mum know you're hanging out on this thread, MMT? Anyways, it is fun to say 'cheers'.
Originally Posted By: ger
Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
>But for quality, ginga kogen is one of my favourite summer beers

Ger, the white can? Thats brilliant, very similar to Hoegaarden, isnt it?

My staple beers are Hooegarden, Duvel, Ebisu (including the dark), and Ichiban.

Yeah, but it's better than Hoegaarden imo and cheaper if I remember correctly too.

well, I used to think your opinion was worth something razz Its definitely cheaper!!! I heart Kilkinney cheers
Drank a Muroka at lunch today ( biggrin ) while my coworker and I took an executive lunch break, thats quite nice.

"I like the newer dark version better than the old one" - not had that. What's it called?

I can't tell the difference with most if I'm being honest. I'll usually quite happily drink what's being served.

I discovered Muroka the other day CB, quite a nice beer. Pretty cheap as well, 250 yen for a bottle.

I don't mind Asahi, as long as its very cold. Ichiban isn't bad but I much prefer Saporro or Yebisu

Originally Posted By: Slippery Jim
Staple is Ichibanshibori; the TapRoom in Naka Meguro has some rather nice brews on tap, recommend it.

SJ, what type of J-beers do they have? Anything micro brewed? Mino(h) micro brewery in Osaka has some quality beers cheers

CB, it's all micro brews. I've become a big fan of Kiss of Smoke, and there's nothing wrong with Rising Sun Pale Ale or Red Rose Amber. Not really a dark beer fancier myself, but a pal who is says Angry Boy Brown is damn fine. Give me a shout if you want to meet up there for a pint or two some evening.

SJ, if Im back up in Tokyo then sounds good. We dont have many places with microbrews on tap here in Kansai - though maybe its just I dont get out enough anymore to find em eyes Have heard of a place in Kyoto thats supposed to have micros - will try to get out there in the next few weeks and see smile