Don't bother reading folks!

It's like one of those tiresome Christmas songs that gets put out every year and doesn't die.

This is simply the same old, the July 08 Remix/Edit with 5 words changed since last year.

yawn

Originally Posted By: big-will
Don't bother reading folks!

It's like one of those tiresome Christmas songs that gets put out every year and doesn't die.

This is simply the same old, the July 08 Remix/Edit with 5 words changed since last year.

yawn

At least a local Hakuba person (Tony) got his 5 cents in. It was the only post worth anything. How many times do you need to be told that some Aussies like to drink and Niseko isn't a "cultural experience".

Well 'Tony' more than likely has reason to get his 5 cents in, doesn't he? (Not a moan, I would probably do the same if I had interests).

This kind of crap doesn't deserve the oxygen of publicity it gets here (so perhaps I shouldn't be posting!)

It's an article which says that the smart people are going to Hakuba to invest their money on condos and stuff.

Niseko will lose bad to Hakuba. Bye bye Niseko..... boo hoo... boo hoo..

Is that a new route Snow? Or has it been around for a while...

I had not heard of that one before - but being on the West Coast I am a bit out of the loop for flights from the East Coast.

Has anyone flown China Airlines before?

Originally Posted By: Snowywharton
Originally Posted By: Soft Landings
Roughly $2400 to sapporo!

China Airlines have flights from Brisbane to Sapporo for around $1300 in January 09.

Cheers - Snow.

Is that direct or via Taiwan?

China Airlines have a dreadful safety record. Several years ago I booked a holiday flt for me and wife on China Air. In response to my wife's concerns about safety I explained that sure, they have a few problems but the chances of a crash are still very low, it's not as if they have planes falling out of the sky. 3 days later that is exactly what happened with a China Air plane. I cancelled our tickets and bought new tickets with a more airworthy airlines.

That was sorta my question without wanting to sound judgemental.

Merpati Air would never see me on one of thier planes again either!

One flight from hell with a good outcome is enough to put you off that kind of risk taking behaviour for life.

China Airlines are Taiwanese. They have dickhead pilots. Like that senior dickhead who couldn't stop in time and ditched his jumbo into the harbour at the end of the Kai Tak runway. They had to blow the plane apart to move it. The explosion was 4 in the morning. What a dickhead time to do that when half the town is asleep.

A mate of mine from many years ago now flies 747s for China Air - he reckons it is a step up from flying into places like Kabul and the Congo and having guns pointed at him. Maybe they could use it in their advertising "Fly China Air - it's safer than flying into a war zone!"

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Is that a new route Snow? Or has it been around for a while...

I had not heard of that one before - but being on the West Coast I am a bit out of the loop for flights from the East Coast.

Has anyone flown China Airlines before?

I'm not sure of the route, Mamabear. I just found it after a google search. Some of the safety warnings above are a worry, but I don't think they'd be in business if their planes kept dropping out of the sky. I've heard planes can be kinda expensive biggrin

Snowy, you're right I reckon. Sure accidents do happen but the likelihood of one happening on any given flight is pretty low. Airsafe has some good data. China Air isn't great compared to other airlines in the region but there is a better than evan chance of making it back alive when using them to get to the snow.

Given the way airlines work, there won't be a direct China Air flt from Aust to Sapporo. There will be a stop over in Taiwan, but that's no big deal, nowadays everyone coming from Aust has to change planes at least once.

http://www.airsafe.com/events/regions/asia.htm

number 1 of the top 10 safety tips from Airsafe:

Fly on Nonstop Routings

Most accidents occur during the takeoff, climb, descent, and landing phase of flight so flying nonstop would reduce exposure to these most accident prone phases of flight. doh

I see Qantas is still 0.00. But for how long??????

I paid AU$1800 for Perth>Sapporo return with Qantas in May this year. Seats were available on any flight, and the plane was only two thirds full. Qantas didn't seem too interested in the flight - it was a JAL plane (code-share). I read shortly after that Qantas has decided to reduce the number of flights between Oz and Japan.

Looks like the airfares haven't caught up with the stronger dollar.Not that they're likely to lower them (fuel/taxes excluded for this part of the discussion of course). It's cheaper to fly to Oz from Japan, (major J holidays excepted.)

4 of us got our tickets Brisbane to Chitose $1200 with Japan Airlines return.

As for that article in Sydney paper glad she wont be back and hopefully she has put everyone off going there and we can all have that horrible little ski resort of Niseko all to ourselves!!!!