• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow that is big.   Who gets to eat it?

eet's mine juu mether fackers....!!!

OH NOOO!!!! We all need to get our Muslamic ray guns!   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIPD8qHhtVU

BSAF3YtCcAAsoXQ.jpg

Ontario police are aware of a disgusting letter sent to a woman caring for an autistic child by another woman who wanted the "wild animal kid" out of her neighbourhood, even if it meant killing the child.

The hateful letter was reportedly sent last week to a resident of Newcastle, Ont., just east of Toronto, who hosts her 13-year-old grandson, Max, during summer days.

Mother Karley Begley spoke with CityNews and broke down in tears as she tried to read the letter.

The letter was re-posted on Twitter by Lennon and Maisy, a young Ontario singing duo who also star on ABC's Nashville.

The post has been retweeted more than 3,000 times.

Durham Regional Police told Yahoo! Canada News that a report was filed on Friday and an investigation is ongoing.

"We are certainly taking it seriously," spokesperson Jodi MacLean said on Monday.

"We are consulting with the Crown to see if there is any criminality that went on with the letter."

badly spelled vamoose, meaning to 'be gone, vanish quickly'.

She also screwed up 'whaling' - it is wailing.

But spelling like a 10 year old is the least of her problems.

Nasty vicious piece of work with zero compassion and understanding.

Lacking all human decency.

Bloody disgusting! This (I was going to use the word lady, but in her case) cretin has no compassion or human relations ability whatsoever!

She needs stringing up by her ears. Some people should not be classed as a human,because no normal person would be so nasty!

This kind of shit really angers me,

I'm calling Bullshit on this one.... bored kids with nothing better to do than write an anonymous letter.

I'm calling bullshit on this one. Bored kid with nothing better to do than post this.

Hong Kong (CNN) -- A zoo in China has angered visitors by trying to pass off a hairy dog as a lion, Chinese state media reported.

A visitor, surnamed Liu, told the state-run Beijing Youth Daily she discovered the fraud when visiting a zoo in a park in Louhe, a city in the central province of Henan, with her son.

As they approached the cage marked "African lion," they were shocked to hear the beast inside emit a bark.

It was a Tibetan mastiff -- a large, hairy breed of dog.

"The zoo is absolutely trying to cheat us," Liu said. "They are trying to disguise dogs as lions."

:lol:

The Australian Northern Territory government is repealing an old law according to which witchcraft and tarot card reading is a felony punishable by imprisonment for a term of one year.

This Witchcraft Act of 1735 was inherited from Britain and has been repealed in most other parts of the western world. The outdated law was discovered only recently, when lawyers checked and tidied the Territory’s statute books. If convicted of this offence, the person, in addition to one year mandatory imprisonment, every quarter of the year, was to be brought to the market and pilloried so that people could throw vegetables at him or her.

I can't take it much longer without going insane, says proud dad William

PRINCE William has spoken of his joy at becoming a father.

The beaming prince was chatty and laid-back while describing how his infant son seems determined to destroy his sanity.

William said: “I can’t sleep, I can’t think, I feel weird all the time.

“The whole house smells of shit.”

Dressed casually in slacks and an open-necked shirt, the newly-mature prince said: “I just want to get in my helicopter and keep flying, flying to freedom, sweet freedom.”

Showcasing a cheeky sense of humour, Prince William added: “My brother is still just running around nailing loads of models. When I think of that I am filled with envy and dark feelings.”

The personable prince described the drama and emotion of being present at the future king’s birth.

“The baby comes out all covered in gunk.

“I’d seen babies being born on telly but nothing can prepare you for it, especially with the nurses wearing those weird masks and the stench of sweaty hair.

“It was utterly gruesome but the doctors were very stern so I had to stick around.

“Doctors are amazing, they must see nasty stuff every day and they just handle it.”

Gazing wistfully into the middle distance, he added: “We can keep chatting for a bit if you like, it’s nice and quiet here.”

A giant panda cub born at a Washington DC zoo is in "excellent" health, zoo keepers said after its first check-up.

The giant panda cub's gender may not be known for weeks

Can't they just take a look inside it's underwear to check?

What was this doing on the 2nd page?!

--------

Cold-call victim gets his own back

Leeds man sets up personal 0871 telephone number and makes 10p a minute from businesses and cold callers

Cold-call victim Lee Beaumont has taken revenge on his telephone tormentors by turning his home number into an 0871 premium rate line – and has so far made more than £300 from the calls he has received.

Beaumont, 25, was getting fed up about the number of nuisance calls he was receiving, particularly those offering to help him claim for mis-sold payment protection insurance (PPI), so he started looking at ways to stem the tide. Then he realised there was money to be made.

In November 2011 the self-employed designer paid £10 plus VAT to set up his personal 0871 number, which sits on top of the normal Leeds 0113 number used by his friends and family.

He bought an 0844 and an 0871 number but said he used the latter "because it's more revenue for me".

Calls cost 10p a minute from landlines, from which he receives 7p.

"I was getting peed off with getting PPI calls when I was trying to watch Coronation Street and Heartbeat," Beaumont told the Guardian. "Originally I got the 08 number to get them to stop. But when I started making money I thought 'this is better'."

He acknowledged it was satisfying to have turned the tables on the cold callers, and indicated the move had succeeded in cutting the nuisance calls he received. At the beginning he was making around £7 a month, so the number paid for itself in less than two months.

However, as news of his unusual venture has spread, and with media outlets keen to speak to him, his phone has been ringing non-stop – sending more money his way. "Over the last three days I've had literally hundreds [of calls]." Beaumont said it was very easy to set up the premium rate number: he found a company online – which he said he had been advised not to name – and paid a one-off £10 plus VAT, with no other fees or charges.

On a Which? online forum, Beaumont – who has a website that carries the 0871 number – said: "I look for ways to get companies to call me." When he opens a new bank account, switches energy supplier and so on, and the company asks for his home number, he gives them the 0871 number.

"Sometimes they ask why. I am honest and say it's so I make 10p per minute when companies call me ... Three days ago I had a problem with my Ocado shop. I tweeted them and they asked me to call an 0845 number. I refused and asked them to call my 0871 number. I posted this in a open tweet so if cold callers pick up on that number, it will help me make a few more quid if they phone me." Ocado did phone him on the number and sorted out the problem, he added.

Beaumont is not alone in taking action against cold calls – in October 2012 Richard Herman told how he had won cash from a claims management company to compensate him for wasting his time with calls.

The premium rate service regulator, PhonepayPlus, has issued a warning to others thinking about copying Beaumont, saying that people could land themselves in trouble.

"Premium rate numbers are not designed to be used in this way and we would strongly discourage any readers from adopting this idea, as they will be liable under our code for any breaches and subsequent fines that result," a spokesman said.