• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow that is big.   Who gets to eat it?

eet's mine juu mether fackers....!!!

OH NOOO!!!! We all need to get our Muslamic ray guns!   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIPD8qHhtVU

A dead shark has been discovered on the subway in New York City, transport officials have confirmed.

The unlikely passenger, about 1.2m (4ft) long, was found under a row of seats on a Queens-bound train.

The conductor asked passengers to leave the carriage and the train continued to the end of the line, where a supervisor disposed of the shark.

Pigeons and even an opossum have made their way on to the trains before, but never a shark, transit officials said.

However, where it came from remains a mystery.

A dead shark has been discovered on the subway in New York City, transport officials have confirmed.

The unlikely passenger, about 1.2m (4ft) long, was found under a row of seats on a Queens-bound train.

The conductor asked passengers to leave the carriage and the train continued to the end of the line, where a supervisor disposed of the shark.

Pigeons and even an opossum have made their way on to the trains before, but never a shark, transit officials said.

However, where it came from remains a mystery.

The sea, I reckon.

A council boss in Wigan has been described as a real life “David Brent” after he signed off an email about redundancies by saying how much he was looking forward to his holidays.

Wigan Council is having to cut 200 jobs this year to save £18.8m, and the head of the environment department Terry Dunn sent a “good news – bad news” style group message to his employees which could have been straight out of Ricky Gervais’s The Office.

The email started off on a serious note, with Mr Dunn writing: “We are now consulting on the final stage of our restructure and you may or may not be directly impacted upon. If you are involved I can fully appreciate the concerns you will have and just ask for your patience...”

He said that the management team didn’t anticipate any further structural changes until 2015 and added: “You will appreciate that I cannot influence central government budget reductions and can only work with the information I have at present. Anyway, please treat this as good news!!”

Yet before the several hundred members of staff reading the email had a chance to let this sink in, Mr Dunn moved on to news on “the home front”.

He said he was looking forward to a “punk rock festival in Blackpool this Friday”, before reminding staff of his: “Wedding 6 weeks this Saturday followed by 2 weeks in Fuerteventura!! Can’t wait.”

Two bungling conmen who tried to pass off ice cubes as iPads were rumbled when they melted, a court heard.

Nathan Meunch, 29, and Nigel Bennett, 39, stuffed ice in a parcel then insured it for the tablets “inside”.

They planned to post it by special delivery then claim £2,500 compensation from Royal Mail when it failed to arrive at the other end.

But Post Office staff contacted investigators after the parcel started leaking.

During the trial the court heard the parcel had ‘disintegrated’ in front of shocked postal workers.

Counter clerk Elaine Sloane, told the court how she served Meunch, on May 14, 2012 and noticed damp spots on his jacket.

She said: “I just happened to say to the gentleman is it raining outside and he said yes but it seemed strange to me because I could see from where I was sitting it didn’t look like it was raining.”

“I asked him what was inside and he said iPads. About an hour later, a colleague noticed a puddle of water beneath the Special Delivery pile.

“We had a little look and you could see all ice in there. He had sent it as iPads and I couldn’t believe it was all this water and the box was disintegrating.”

UB40 sax player Brian Travers (top right with the ginger hair) is so skint that he's been making ends meet by... playing with a UB40 tribute act!

Despite being a founder member of the band which sold 70 million records worldwide, Travers, 54, was declared bankrupt in October 2011.

Fellow band members Robin Campbell, Terence Wilson, Norman Hassan, and James Brown also declared bankruptcy after their record label, DEP International, went bust.

Travers was spotted playing with tribute act UB42 in an Ipswich pub. Brian said: “I know of about twenty UB40 tribute bands around the world and it’s my ambition to play with all of them. I can’t think of a better way of thanking them for celebrating the music of UB40.”

More like getting so used to the celebrity life-style that they cannot give it up when the money stops rolling in! = lack of brain? possibly!