Scandalous

Cadbury's has gone from Heroes to zeroes after it was accused of cheating customers by replacing favourite sweet ranges with less popular dark chocolates.

Without warning, the nation's favourite chocolatier has axed four ranges - Time Outs, Picnics, Dreams and Crunchies - from tins of Heroes and replaced them with just two - Bournvilles and toffee Eclairs.

It is estimated that at least one in every two households will open a tin of the best-selling sweets over Christmas only to be left disappointed with a heap of surplus dark chocolates.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow that is big.   Who gets to eat it?

eet's mine juu mether fackers....!!!

OH NOOO!!!! We all need to get our Muslamic ray guns!   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIPD8qHhtVU

Just from the Heroes tins in the UK methinks... Our Favourites Boxes in Aus still have them.

I know Cherry Ripe got axed from NZ a while back, coz I often have to send a few bars to NZ friends to satisfy a craving.

Maybe the Brits will be hitting us up for Crunchies and Time Outs!

It's serious stuff

In a move that has created shockwaves among chocolate lovers, but delighted headline writers everywhere (credit crunchie anyone?), Cadbury's has cut the Crunchie from boxes of Heroes.

And the mindless culling doesn't end there - they've also ditched Dreams. The replacement? Bournvilles and toffee Eclairs. In an attempt to justify this madness, spokespeople have been mumbling on about the growing army of dark chocolate fans.

Now far be it from me to cast doubt on this explanation and imply that, even though profit is expected to grow in this coming year, as the company capitalises on our collective desire for a relatively cheap treat, this is surely plainly and simply a cost cutting exercise.

A Cadbury spokesman couldn't confirm that Bournevilles and eclairs were cheaper to make, but conceded: "Cadbury is always looking at costs right across the business." And let's take a more detailed look at the argument that has been put forward (I know, I know, I should get out more).

The company claims that Bournvilles have replaced Dreams because black chocolate is now more popular than white. This is disingenous. Yes, no one in their right mind likes the insipid white chocolate, but if this was about consumer choice, why hasn't the hateful Dream been replaced with some milk chocolate favourites? Rumours are rife online that, for example, the Dairy Milk Whole Nut has become ever rarer in the box, and some people are still feeling "spiky" about the demise of the Picnic.

And how about introducing a new addition instead? After all, who the hell likes Bournevilles? Why, when Nestle's research shows that the toffee penny is the least popular sweet in Quality Street, would Cadbury think including toffee Eclairs was likely to be a popular move? And - forgive me while I get personal for a moment, but why are there no mini Flakes, Cadbury? Huh? Huh?

I thought so.

As if anticipating swathes of mail from angry sweet lovers, a spokesman said it was "impossible to create a selection that pleases everyone all the time." This, I'll give them - never a truer word was spoken by a chocolate manufacturer, and never at a better time of year than selection box time.

So, now that they've brought it up, I think we should take this opportunity to let them know what we think. What will you be most disappointed to find in your selection box this year? And, specifically, how do you feel about the Heroes move? Is it about saving money or consumer demand?

People are already sharing frustration at this reviews site in angry capitals: "I AM BITTERLY DISAPPOINTED".

Are you?

That sounds like it is about money saving, but the reality is that the best ones CAN be included they just have to charge the appropriate price.

The best box of cadbury mixtures available is the Favourites Box available in Australia. It even has the mini flakes.

Vote with your spending dollar. if you don't like it don't buy it.

Harden up, peoples! Get used to the real taste of true chocolate - DARK!

That woosy "milk" stuff is waay too sweet, cloying in the mouth and takes an extra swallow of beer to wash out (... ummm I might just have found a reason to eat the cr@ppy stuff, ... Hmmm - thinks!)

toffee eclairs are great, as are bourneville, TBH Crunchies are a bit sweet for me, I can feel my teeth erode with every bite!!

I'm looking forward to eating toffee crisps, topics, lion bars and boosts!!

• 1 month later...

Another Sun classic

A PERVY burglar broke into an adult shop three times to have sex with blow-up dolls.

The 23-year-old raider smashed his way into the store, then dumped the dolls in an alley once he had finished with them.

The man, who has not been named by cops, was arrested yesterday at his home in Cairns, Australia.

He is due to appear in court next month charged with burglary and has been freed on bail.

Re: the idea that the date of Australia Day be changed - Not a hope in hell it should be changed.

Sure, we gotta respect the fact that atrocities went on and acknowledge the elements of dumb and inhumane treatment that some indigenous folks got, but let's focus on the positives and remember the glory of the discovery of our continent by our english ancestors.

The idea of Australia day means so much more these days, for all hardworking, genuine & kind Australians, regardless of our origins, colour of our skin etc.

It's a time to relax, reflect on how lucky most of us are to live in the greatest country, enjoy some drink & food of choice socially, and toss a smile & a laugh or 2 to some of our fellow Aussies.

Oh, and the public holiday off work (for many of us) kicks ass too! wink

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
In these trying times, we can trust The Sun to give us the important "news" on their front page

Guess the stars boobies quiz
http://extras.thesun.co.uk/php/quiz/index.php?fn=20090122_blockbusters

WARNING: ONLY SUITABLE FOR MATURE ADULTS!!!!!

I think I got 6 out of 10.
That would be one of the best quizzes I have taken. Ever.

Love the end where it says: Would you like to try again? With only 1 option - Yes.
Sweeet.
  • 3 weeks later...

Does your Pepsi lack pep? Is your Coke not the real thing? India's Hindu nationalist movement apparently has the answer: a new soft drink made from cow urine.

The bovine brew is in the final stages of development by the Cow Protection Department of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), India's biggest and oldest Hindu nationalist group, according to the man who makes it.

Om Prakash, the head of the department, said the drink – called "gau jal", or "cow water" – in Sanskrit was undergoing laboratory tests and would be launched "very soon, maybe by the end of this year".

"Don't worry, it won't smell like urine and will be tasty too," he told The Times from his headquarters in Hardwar, one of four holy cities on the River Ganges. "Its USP will be that it's going to be very healthy. It won't be like carbonated drinks and would be devoid of any toxins."

• 3 weeks later...
Quote:
A PRUDE who refused to take his clothes off at a swinger sex party has been blamed for sparking "a mini-riot".
Cops were called as threats of violence and lewd behaviour rang out at the adults-only "anything goes" sex party.

The Aussie tourist who caused the row and his wife were ordered to leave.

Swingers gathered for the event held at a resort in Mossman, north Queensland. A month of hedonist sex parties has been put on this month to boost sagging tourism figures.

Owner Tony Fox said the "mini-riot" erupted when four naked female guests protested when confronted by the fully-clothed man.

"They felt uncomfortable with him eyeing them off and I asked him to show some respect and take his clothes off," said the nudist colony manager.

"He then threatened to bash me, there was some argy-bargy and I ordered him off the premises and police were called."

Note to prudes: don't go to swinger sex parties perhaps?