• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow that is big.   Who gets to eat it?

eet's mine juu mether fackers....!!!

OH NOOO!!!! We all need to get our Muslamic ray guns!   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIPD8qHhtVU

Looks like there must be some Mandarin-English dictionary equating 干 with the F word...

Wikipedia sez:

As a character (not a radical), 干 has risen to new importance, and even notoriety due to the 20th-century Chinese writing reform. In simplified Chinese, 干 takes the place of a number of other characters with the phonetic value gān or gàn, e.g. of "dry" or "trunk, body", so that 干 may today take a wide variety of meanings.

The high frequency and polysemy of the character poses a serious problem for Chinese translation software. The word gàn "tree trunk; to do" (rarely also "human body"), rendered as 干 in simplified Chinese, acquired the meaning of "to ****" in Chinese slang. Notoriously, the 2002 edition of the widespread Jinshan Ciba Chinese-to-English dictionary for the Jinshan Kuaiyi translation software rendered every occurrence of 干 as "****", resulting in a large number of signs with irritating English translations throughout China, often mistranslating gān "dried" as in 干果 "dried fruit" in supermarkets as "**** the fruits" or similar.[1]

FATHER-OF-TWO Tom Booker has decided his children will not inherit his personal fortune of two Billy bookcases, some DVDs and a broken cross-trainer.

Divorced Booker was inspired by pop icon Sting, who said his children will have to make their way in the world without inherited wealth.

He said: “Without wishing to sound like a sanctimonious twot, I don’t want my kids becoming idle, entitled wastrels because they’ve gotten a free vanload of pretty good stuff.

“After a lifetime of living in rented accommodation while working as a security guard, I’ve got no money but have accrued some rather awesome DVDs including the Godfather box set, lots of Rutger Hauer titles and the little-seen horror film Ghost Ship which has got her out of The Good Wife in it.

“I want my children to learn the value of money and not see second-hand entertainment media as something that just lands in their laps.”

Booker’s daughter Emma Bradford said: “I respect dad’s decision, mainly as will save us hiring a skip.”

He's a poncey bas*t*rd, so will probably suck it up his rectum whilst practising his last tantric sex manoeuvre before he dies and ascends into nirvana......I'd be well pissed if I was his kid :)

Scary shit

North Korea has threatened a "resolute and merciless" response against the US unless it bans a film about an attempt to assassinate the North's leader, Kim Jong-un.

In its first official comment on The Interview, a comedy directed by Evan Goldberg, North Korea warned the US government that failure to stop the film being released would be considered an "act of war."

Scary shit

North Korea has threatened a "resolute and merciless" response against the US unless it bans a film about an attempt to assassinate the North's leader, Kim Jong-un.

In its first official comment on The Interview, a comedy directed by Evan Goldberg, North Korea warned the US government that failure to stop the film being released would be considered an "act of war."

I'd be quaking in my boots, were I wearing boots.

yet there was no declaration of war after "Team America" came out?!

When will North Korea just climb up their own asses and die……I'm sick of their 1950's throwback rhetoric

This really is scary shit

(CNN) -- The World Health Organization says "drastic action is needed" to stop the deadly Ebola virus outbreak in West Africa. It has sent teams of experts to help locals deal with the epidemic and WHO plans to meet next week to discuss how to contain it.

Relief workers on the ground said the epidemic has hit unprecedented proportions.

"The epidemic is out of control," said Dr. Bart Janssens, director of operations for Doctors Without Borders.

There have been at least 600 cases and 360 deaths in Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia, according to a WHO statement released Thursday. That's since the epidemic began in March, according to the latest World Health Organization figures.

Complicating matters, these countries have major medical infrastructure challenges and there is a real sense of mistrust from communities there of the help that has been sent. In Sierra Leone and Guinea, WHO has said that community members have thrown stones at health care workers trying to investigate the outbreak.

In April, CNN Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta traveled to Conakry, Guinea, to report on what was being done to treat patients and contain the outbreak.

"It took only moments to feel the impact of what was happening here," Gupta wrote after landing in Conakry. "There is a lot we know about Ebola, and it scares us almost as much as what we don't know."

Ebola outbreaks usually are confined to remote areas, making the disease easier to contain. But this outbreak is different; patients have been identified in 60 locations in Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia.

Officials believe the wide footprint of this outbreak is partly because of the proximity between the jungle where the virus was first identified and cities such as Conakry. The capital in Guinea has a population of 2 million and an international airport.

People are traveling without realizing they're carrying the deadly virus. It can take between two and 21 days after exposure for someone to feel sick.

My friend's mother-in-law makes $78 /hr on the computer . She has been without a job for 9 months but last month her check was $16596 just working on the computer for a few hours. have a peek at this web-site.

:lol: Pies, WTF?!

The Ebola thing......its mental......but also whats just as mental is the culture clash of the medics going in to try and help and the communities there throwing stones and trying to repel them! I know its a generalisation but Africa is one fu##ed up place. A melting pot of 18th century european religious rhetoric combined with ancient local customs, modern weapons and crazy ass fauna that will kill you as quick as look at you!!

:lol:

Everytime I look at "comments" on an article in The Indepenent - yes, I know, silly me - there seems to be that junk in there. They don't seem to delete it.

In fact, perhaps I could start informing the world about Abe and his Nomics and some of my dome projects in the comments there. Not sure if any real people read them.

After all, seeing as though I apparently don't get out there and live my life to the fullest, and don't meet people face to face from this forum and others and form friendships that actually mean something..... I have time to do silly stuff like that.

:thumbsup: