• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow that is big.   Who gets to eat it?

eet's mine juu mether fackers....!!!

OH NOOO!!!! We all need to get our Muslamic ray guns!   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIPD8qHhtVU

But the gist is would you be able to tolerate food stamp recipients eating better than those who provide for the stamp collectors.

thanks for the concise precis.

and yes, eat what you want. no bother to me!

If someone makes the most of their food budget, qualifies for assistance (ie is poor) and makes the most of that to eat well...then good on them. Better that than be wasteful and end up eating badly, having health dramas and running out/sending kids to school hungry.

and so, the question remains ...

WTF has that got to do with the Huff's article that Thurs posted?

I get stamping on food because it is trying to escape, but that's not what the article is about!

The first one is ramen. The second one is a bowl of rice and the third one is a drink. No doubt a 'soft' drink. Possibly cola or other such beverage.

Huh?? Pies has gone all "holy holy" on us.

Pretend swear? Never seen it before on here or elsewhere? No Capische!

If someone makes the most of their food budget, qualifies for assistance (ie is poor) and makes the most of that to eat well...then good on them. Better that than be wasteful and end up eating badly, having health dramas and running out/sending kids to school hungry.

Not read the whole article?

Not read the whole article?

Umm yeah. I did actually.

And I gathered that this was the gist of the article also...

And that people standing behind and judging need to stop it because they do not know what's going on in that persons home.

Bit like someone giving a parent a serve when their rotund child is getting a Maccas burger.

It might be that the kid is living off it.

It might also be that the kid is at a birthday party with friends, is eating it for the one time that year, and is generally on a controlled diet and being made to exercise regularly.

Bit like the lady in the story who was buying a big cake.

She'd juggled her budget to buy her son a birthday cake.

They weren't living on cake and treats at the expense of taxpayers.

What are "food stamps" though? - please, pies, don;t post that pic again, I get where you are at! :wink:

Ta, pies, now - anyone with an actual answer? It's a serious question. What is/are food stamps? some form of welfare?

Ta, pies, now - anyone with an actual answer? It's a serious question. What is/are food stamps? some form of welfare?
Yes.

I believe they used to be paper 'stamps' (vouchers) hence the name, but are now like a credit card loaded with government assistance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supplemental_Nutrition_Assistance_Program

food-stamp.jpg