• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow that is big.   Who gets to eat it?

eet's mine juu mether fackers....!!!

OH NOOO!!!! We all need to get our Muslamic ray guns!   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIPD8qHhtVU

Who makes these 'studies'? And why?!

--

A study into happiness levels on December 25th shows most people are so worried about things running smoothly they don't truly enjoy themselves until early afternoon.

It emerged people are only 100 per cent happy once presents have been opened, dinner has been cooked and served, and the children are busy with their toys.

Other factors which contribute to an afternoon and evening of fun and festivity include realising everyone is happy with what they have been given for Christmas, and having that first tipple of the day.

The report shows the initial stress is more than worth it - as over half of those polled say Christmas Day is their favourite holiday and a third say it's the happiest day of the year.

A spokesman for Three Barrels Brandy, which commissioned the study of 2,000 people, said: ''A lot of thought and effort goes into each and every Christmas, and people work hard to make it special and create memories that will last a lifetime.

''Christmas morning tends to be a rush in most households - mums are struggling with the dinner, children are unwrapping presents, and dads are finding batteries to go in the toys.

''It's important to try and enjoy those more hectic moments as well, as these often make the funniest Christmas memories and will be told at Christmas' for years to come.''

Understandably, three quarters of those polled claim the Christmas dinner is largely responsible for any stress endured on the morning of the 25th.

Ensuring all foods are cooked and ready at the same time provides endless worry for mums and dads up and down the country.

But once dinner is on the table, 56 per cent of people reach their happiest point of the day.

But when it comes to being even happier at Christmas, 36 per cent say they would feel more relaxed and content if they were able to celebrate with just their immediate family.

A further third would prefer it if someone else could cater for them on the 25th December, while 27 per cent relish the thought of being able to put their feet up all day long.

Other items on the Christmas happiness 'wish list' were having a personal shopper to get all the presents, ditching the Christmas roast for an easier option and naturally getting more presents.

One in five said Christmas would be better if only the children would just sleep in a bit longer.

But despite a lack of sleep it seems family time is what counts on Christmas Day - a staggering 71 per cent said that's what it's all about for them.

The spokesman for Three Barrels Brandy added: ''It's sometimes easy to get carried away with the planning and worry that comes with arranging Christmas, and before you know it it's been and gone.

''On Christmas Day, most adults are more concerned about creating a happy day for everyone else, but it is important that people can enjoy the holiday for themselves as well.''

America's gotten significantly heavier over the past twenty years and we should have seen this coming. First Kevin Smith gets booted off that flight, then that guy sues White Castle for not having plus-sized booths. Now, one of the nation's largest ferry systems is obligated to carry fewer people on each trip.

The rule change by the state ferry system comes in response to a recent modification to rules governing boat stability. Due to the obesity influx over the past two decades that, on December first, nationwide Coast Guard vessel stability rules increased the estimated adult weight from 160 pounds to 185. And, rather than weigh each passenger as they come on board or turn huskier passengers away, the state ferry system simply reduced the number of people allowed on.

"That has effectively reduced the amount of passengers by about 250 passengers or so depending on the particular ferry," Coast Guard Lieutenant Eric Young said Wednesday. "They generally carry about 2,000, so it's down to 1,750 now."

A mother has been reunited with her long-lost daughter who turned up on her doorstep as a man.

Ashley Hughes, 48, was delighted when estranged daughter Toni, 26, suddenly made contact after they spent 14 years apart.

But she was stunned to discover that Toni is now a pre-op transsexual taking male hormones and living as a man called ‘Alex'.

She was born a girl but suffered from gender dysphoria all her life and said: 'I knew I was different from an early age.

'I felt better when I was dressed in boys clothes but didn't have a clue why I was feeling this.

'Because of this I was the child from hell and it put a huge strain on my relationship with my family - especially my mum.'

One of Hollywood's most famous animals, Cheeta the chimpanzee from the Tarzan movies of the early 1930s, has died aged 80.

The Suncoast Primate Sanctuary in Palm Harbor, Florida, revealed today the iconic star of the golden age of film died on Christmas Eve of kidney failure.

Sanctuary outreach director Debbie Cobb said Cheeta was outgoing, loved finger painting and American football and liked to see people laugh.

ha ha

talking of hair:-

I feel stupid. I lost the pub trivia on the last question last night.

The question was, "Where do woman have the curliest hair"?

Apparently, the answer is Fiji.

Reported by AFP

Friday, December 30, 2011

A Japanese department store is offering anyone with a quarter of a million dollars a lucky dip bag stuffed with expensive jewellery to ring in the New Year.

One lucky customer prepared to hand over a numerically significant 20.12 million yen ($255,000) can celebrate the turn of the year with a fistful of precious baubles.

The "fukubukuro" (lucky bag) — a feature of the New Year in Japan, one of the country's most important holidays — will go on sale on January 2.

Customers generally do not know the exact contents of fukubukuro, but they are usually bought on the understanding that the contents will be worth more than the sale price.

"We hope it will lift spirits for the New Year," said an official at Okajima Department Store in Kofu, a city 100 kilometres west of Tokyo.

The store said the three pieces of jewellery — platinum rings featuring a 3.13-carat emerald and a 79.20-carat tourmaline, both glittering with diamonds, and a pendant with a 172.53-carat aquamarine — would normally retail at 50 million yen.

:clap: