• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow that is big.   Who gets to eat it?

eet's mine juu mether fackers....!!!

OH NOOO!!!! We all need to get our Muslamic ray guns!   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIPD8qHhtVU

I was worried about his private parts being burned by sliding down the rusty pipe as well!

lol

Brilliant.

Thats a difficult one to follow up!

JENNIFER ANISTON has got to be one of the most understanding Friends ever.

Her best pal and former co-star COURTENEY COX enjoyed dinner with her ex husband BRAD PITT in Hollywood last night.

Karen Butler, a 56-year-old woman, is American. She was born in Oregon, lives in Oregon but for some reason, after having oral surgery 18 months ago, she developed an Irish accent.

The accent is actually a blend of Irish with British, sometimes Scottish and a bit of everything else but American. She hasn't gone through enough neurological exams to fully diagnose her but doctors suspect that she's suffering from a rare case of Foreign Accent Syndrome. Doctors say it's extremely rare (affects maybe 100 people worldwide) and is usually brought on from some type of brain injury.

It's been 18 months with her new Irish accent and she looks like she's taking it in stride, though she said she can't even fake an American accent.

A MAN died while trying to walk up an escalator that was moving in the opposite direction at a San Francisco transit station.

Read more: here

Originally Posted By: loaf of bread
Karen Butler, a 56-year-old woman, is American. She was born in Oregon, lives in Oregon but for some reason, after having oral surgery 18 months ago, she developed an Irish accent.

The accent is actually a blend of Irish with British, sometimes Scottish and a bit of everything else but American. She hasn't gone through enough neurological exams to fully diagnose her but doctors suspect that she's suffering from a rare case of Foreign Accent Syndrome. Doctors say it's extremely rare (affects maybe 100 people worldwide) and is usually brought on from some type of brain injury.

It's been 18 months with her new Irish accent and she looks like she's taking it in stride, though she said she can't even fake an American accent.

my mate Tommy must have this!! He's Candian but has a psuedo-scouse/irish/manc accent!! When his friends came over from Canada they were amazed that he had a different accent

i have no idea! Its really bizarre, when I first met him I thought he was from N.Ireland or North england.....but he's not. He's an Oral Chameleon, accent changes depending on who he's out with

I had the funniest thing similar happen at work. A customer came in the other day and had 2 boys 1 7yr and 1 5yr and obviously herself. During the course of conversation both her and the 7 yr old had a very broad australia accent (Nothing unusual yet!!!). Then the 5 yr old came up and started talking to me and he had this real cockney english accent. Stunned I kept talking to him and had quite the conversation with him and not once did he drop an australian accent. A little confused I looked at his mum, who explained that they have had him to speech therapist, councilors, doctors and the only thing they could come up with is that he LOVES Harry Potter movies and that from watching them he has adapted an english accent. The mother said he always speaks with the accent and never has lapsed back into Australian twang!!

It was actually very cute. lol

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
i have no idea! Its really bizarre, when I first met him I thought he was from N.Ireland or North england.....but he's not. He's an Oral Chameleon, accent changes depending on who he's out with

I have to admit to being a bit of a chameleon myself - as much as I try NOT to do it, I can not help it. I have to "match' language for my job but I can't really blame that because I have done it since I was a kid. I often blamed the fact that I have family with multiple accents - the UK rellies and my Scottish Great Aunt brought their broad accents with them on holiday - and attuned my ear... but that is not really it either.

The best explanation I can come up with is that the phenomenon just takes subliminal 'matching' of the person you are relating to to another level... (it can be a bit embarrassing though)

wakaranai
Originally Posted By: snowhuntress
I had the funniest thing similar happen at work. A customer came in the other day and had 2 boys 1 7yr and 1 5yr and obviously herself. During the course of conversation both her and the 7 yr old had a very broad australia accent (Nothing unusual yet!!!). Then the 5 yr old came up and started talking to me and he had this real cockney english accent. Stunned I kept talking to him and had quite the conversation with him and not once did he drop an australian accent. A little confused I looked at his mum, who explained that they have had him to speech therapist, councilors, doctors and the only thing they could come up with is that he LOVES Harry Potter movies and that from watching them he has adapted an english accent. The mother said he always speaks with the accent and never has lapsed back into Australian twang!!

It was actually very cute. lol

Same thing happened to my best friend, but it was short lived.
For about a year she had an American accent.
The culprit was Sesame Street.
She was 5 -6 years old.
She doesn't have an American accent anymore lol

I'm interested to hear how peoples accents have changed since you came to Japan? I never had a strong accent really but people back home have told me that it has become milder in the last few years. People here in Japan can't really tell where I'm from either.

Is this the world's worst zoo? Shirley the orangutan allowed to becomes a chain-smoker by heartless attendants

A trip to the zoo should fill any animal fan with a sense of joy wonder, but in Malaysia the experience inspires revulsion.

Crocodiles struggle in waterless enclosures while lions and tigers are trapped in boxes barely big enough to house them, leaving no room to roam around.

But worst of all is the plight of Shirley, a 25-year-old orangutan, who competes with cage-mate Abu for cigarette butts thrown by tourists to satisfy her smoking habit.

article-1385138-0BF8F04000000578-887_634

Do the pictures of you on your boyfriend's Facebook page look a little perkier that real life? He must have the iAugment iPhone app, a new tool that lets you increase the size of your bust on photos.

The free app is aimed at women who are thinking of getting a boob job and want to know what they would look like first - but we imagine it will be used in all sorts of other creative ways too.

iAugment is the brainchild of US plastic surgeon Elizabeth A. Kinsley, from New Orleans, who was the first doctor to employ 3D imaging technology to show women what they will look like after surgery.

Originally Posted By: pie-eater
Is this the world's worst zoo? Shirley the orangutan allowed to becomes a chain-smoker by heartless attendants

A trip to the zoo should fill any animal fan with a sense of joy wonder, but in Malaysia the experience inspires revulsion.

Crocodiles struggle in waterless enclosures while lions and tigers are trapped in boxes barely big enough to house them, leaving no room to roam around.

But worst of all is the plight of Shirley, a 25-year-old orangutan, who competes with cage-mate Abu for cigarette butts thrown by tourists to satisfy her smoking habit.

article-1385138-0BF8F04000000578-887_634

haha smoking apes!! Like when Brazilian footy star Edmundo had a birthday party for his son and hired a chimp to walk around in clothes, fed it beer and fags lol Animal rights groups didn't laugh and filed a case against him and he ended up in jail