• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow that is big.   Who gets to eat it?

eet's mine juu mether fackers....!!!

OH NOOO!!!! We all need to get our Muslamic ray guns!   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIPD8qHhtVU

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Originally Posted By: shadowtec
Originally Posted By: thursday
OK. Cool. Now WTF is that?

It's a CNC machine I built. you can mill out basic parts, panels or circuit boards (which I want to do) it's computer controlled.
wakaranai Lost me...

ok here is a video of someone carving text into stone with his CNC machine (same type as mine)

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
OK. Cool. Now WTF is that?

It's a CNC machine I built. you can mill out basic parts, panels or circuit boards (which I want to do) it's computer controlled.
wakaranai Lost me...

ok here is a video of someone carving text into stone with his CNC machine (same type as mine)

Hey! That's pretty neat.
What do you use yours for?

Council bureaucrats have stripped gingerbread men of their gender and renamed them gingerbread ‘persons’ on menus for 400 primary schools.

Parents in Lancashire were astonished when they discovered the change.

‘It is absolutely ridiculous,’ one mother said. ‘Someone has obviously taken the effort to change this and it is almost offensive.

‘I am all for anti-discrimination but this is a pudding. The gingerbread man is a character from a rhyme in a book, for goodness sake.’

Laura Midgley, of the Campaign Against Political Correctness, added: ‘It is totally ridiculous political correctness, nobody wants to talk about gingerbread people. They are what they are.

It may only be half the size of a human finger, but this cricket is hiding a big secret: it has the largest testicles in relation to its body weight in the world.

Scientists have discovered that the male Tuberous Bushcricket has testes which are 14 per cent of its whole body mass.

To put this into perspective, a man with the same proportions would have to carry testicles weighing as much as five bags of sugar each.

This beats a species of fruit fly (Drosophila bifurca), thought to be the previous record holder for the biggest testes as a percentage of male body mass, at 10.6 per cent.

buster_gonad_5.jpg

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
for carving his name into many bricks wink

Is a CNC a computer controlled lathe?

CNC stands for Computer Numerical Control - so can be for any machine that is controlled direct from a drawing by the computer.

In fact, it generally refers to machines that use the detail created by the CADD program (Computer Aided Drafting & Drawing) to control the machine to create the product designed.

So, a CNC could be a lathe, a shaper, a milling machine or anything else that could be controlled by a computer. generally, a mill or lathe or a combination machine that does the functions of both.