I went to Ryuo in Nagano and was blown away and gobsmacked by the clumps of snow on the trees, the deep powder, the stunning view down the valley, the kamoshika in the trees, and the snowboard babes with the perfect makeup. I cut quite a figure in my red waterproof cycling trousers that turned out not to be waterproof.

I've always wanted to go back to Ryuo to see if it was as good as I thought it was, but I never made it. I think it's probably quite a nice place.

Jiigatake in Nagano.

Its next to Kashimayari in Omachi. I loved it but as it only has 5 lifts or so and shallow runs I doubt I'll ever go back. Also my schools principle has a season pass there.

The artificial ski slope on Mt Rokko behind Kobe. eek.gif First time ever skiing.

Second was Hachikita in Hyogo.

I don't remember for sure but third was probably OkuShiga/Yakebitai at Shiga Kogen.

First time on the board was at Hakodateyama next to Lake Biwa.

Hey, db, I'm not about "labels". I think this is all covered in the transexual thread anyway. You can call boot a "him" or a "her" if you like; makes no difference to me and more freedom to you, my brother!

;\) :p

1st was iizuna resort bc its the closest to me and was pretty cheap. 2nd was a powder day midweek at shiga with private lesson... thanks to a great homestay family who owns a hotel on the mountain.