Thanks (re: the few proper answers).

Why do you say Iwate, soubriquet? You know both areas well? smile

The 2 options will be actually be about 15km from Tazawako and in Iwate not too far from Morioka to the east.

I'm leaning towards the inaka option even if it looks like there may be less skijo around there. I have had enough of cities.

Given that you would be living right next to Tazawako if you go to Akita, that would win from a convenience point of view. In Iwate you would have alot more choice of places to go but if you are east of Morioka they will all be a bit more that 15 minutes away. Akita girls are the most attractive in the country if that makes any difference (may not be true, its just what I heard).

Also, its not that much of a drive if you do live in Tazawako and want to hit some places in Iwate, its just over the hill (45mins? from memory)

• 4 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: cockzilla
Thanks (re: the few proper answers).

Why do you say Iwate, soubriquet? You know both areas well? smile

The 2 options will be actually be about 15km from Tazawako and in Iwate not too far from Morioka to the east.

I'm leaning towards the inaka option even if it looks like there may be less skijo around there. I have had enough of cities.

I don't know the area all that well, but I've driven through in summer. Iwate has more and bigger, but as Captain Stag wrote, from Tazawako, no-where is all that far.

I love that area. Been up there a fair few times as my g/f is from Akita. Very nice part of Japan and quite different from my Tokyo home. Going up there really makes me want to get out of the Tokyo crowds.