mate, dont panic! I will be there pretty much every weekend. I dont think I will be much use to you, but I will be there and thats what counts, doesn't it mate. ne?

But mate, don't go thinking I will share any of my premo secret tree runs at cortina with you either ;\)

I will be there in Jan and Feb I hope, got a big trip back home to NZ for all of December so that will keep that bank book bare, short of snow funds.

I want to do one of Dave Enrights avie courses and get my act sorted out so I can go more competently out the back.

I looked in to cabins. !0,000yen cabins become 30,000 yen (2-3 people). There's a previous thread w/ links about them.

http://www.skijapanguide.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=004045#000000

The Omachi cabins aren't bad (canadian village) but a little out of town. 4 people around 20,000, but probably too late to book now.

lol...i've spent about 5 mins trying to fig out what the hell you meant by '8mats'...then remembered that's how japanese measure space.

thanks!!! that's heaps better....i was beginning to panic about how much it would cost for a nite!!!

I am thinking about Cortina for xmas eve, xmas day and boxing day plus the weekend that follows boxing day. That place has a nice christmasy look and feel about it's fake and tacky German/swiss looking building.

That hotel at Cortina always freaked me out. It just looks creepy, looming over the barren landscape. I dont know if I could sleep easy in that place. WTF were the people thinking that designed the hotel? Anyone else agree with me? Mind you I am a bit of a wuss