Originally Posted By: Antidisestablishmentarianist
Sorry, no connector on the iphone for that.

Why not try and Android?

I am making just this decision at the moment.

Wait weeks and weeks (I can not even get my name on a waiting list right now - so that might be months and months) for an iPhone4 which is dodgy as all hell and the 4 people who have theirs that I know personally all tell me not to do it, they suck.

Or get a Samsung Galaxy S Android phone. No wait time. Reviews seem good except for people who got stung by the Omnia and want to rant and tell everyone to avoid the Galaxy because the Omnia was shite.

Biggest factor being my current phone is limping and I do not have the flexibility or reliability that I need to go about my day seamlessly.

Hope to make the decision by the end of the day..... confused
  • Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went for the Iphone initially for the Ipod and phone functions as well as internet on the same device. Now, it's a game console too. And with the apps, it's only lacking a drinks dispensor.

But Androids are better, go get one.

You're kidding. Why go for a 3gs now? It's been obsoleted by the 4.

Actually I'm quite pissed off that there's no 4 for me when I wanted one. So now have to wait like the rest of the crowd. I've now got too much on Itunes to move. Not that I want to.

Well...not that it effects you HK waiting list but I am not joining the Aussie queue. Needed a new phone too urgently so I went with the Galaxy. OMG...still learning (bear in mind I am not all that up on what my iPod can do yet either - so I have a LOT to learn) but the Android Apps are pretty cool.

I love the swype typing - makes text messaging as fast as keyboard typing! Phone is light, easy to read, calls are as clear as a bell (so far). Jury is still out until I have really given it a good test run - maybe a month or so before I am totally sold....but so far it has been ALL good.

It is just a progression in technology isn't it.

One might be first, but once the technology is out there then they become de rigueur and used by everyone in the industry wanting a new slice of the pie. If that was not the case we would have some companies still offering brick style analogue phones with massive antenna's!

I like to have an option other than Apple where possible - keeps them from holding everyone over a barrel. Not that I am an Apple hater - I would have got an iPhone4 had they had some in stock when my phone died...I have iPods, and a fabulous powerful computer ... but there is room in the marketplace for competitors. Always is.

The word is SWYPE

The following is a vid of a beta test.

I am not running the beta test version - I have the actual Swype App, and it is better than this demo even. Seriously - this is where is it as!! party

Its an App.

Not from Apple.

But from what I can gather not widely available to download - the beta version can be downloaded or COULD...?

But the Galaxy S comes preloaded with it.

My #2, iPhone boy is now no longer an iPhone boy.

His iPhone3 crapped itself yesterday afternoon - the middle control button died. We had insurance built into the contract so we took it in today. But because he only had two months to run on the contract they offered to just recontract him with a Galaxy S like Mama has - shoulda seen his face light up!

It was the SWYPE that sold him.

ohhh...and a demo today at school by a mate who had one.

He apparently had a voice recognition thingo and said "Send text message to [son's name] - you are a [swear word]" And it did it. No typing at all. HILARIOUS. I need to work out how to do that.

There is a wait on em huh, serious? Must have got lucky, I walked in at 9:30 the day they came out, stepped up to the counter and got one no problem. Had to recontract my 3G anyway and much like thursday have all my music, podcasts, calendars and such stuff already to go. Easy as to back up and transfer it over.

The 4 is much better than the 3G and at least 10% faster than the 3GS from tests I have run with mates.

GPS is better and Google maps is just sensational for all sorts of things. itrailmap is an OK app, you can download trailmaps ("DUH") and I think there is a pro version with GPS compaitbility...

Apple really got me with this phone, I was a hater before but now I am even contemplating one of their puters next time I up grade.

we got one of these...

Apple-imac-new.jpg

Specifically to handle the video/movie making and photo processing.

It is GOOD. Very GOOD.

But I am still in love with my Samsung Galaxy S Phone biggrin

samsung-galaxy-s.jpg

And it must be the day for geeky gadgets coz I came home with a gift wrapped one of these for Papa today too biggrin

Canon%20500D%20Twin%20Lens%20Bundle.jpg

CANON EOS 500D Digital SLR Twin IS Lens Kit, tripod, memory card, lens protectors, screen protector, cleaning kit and camera bag.

party