Price of gasoline around world

I was talking to UK friend about increasing price of gasoline and she said it was already much more expensive in her country.

How about where you are from - how much does it cost?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need premium unleaded in my car so it is a little over the standard ULP price....but we are inching toward the $2.00 a litre mark at a rapid rate - very scary! But the UK price takes the prize!! I do recall when we were in the UK 2 years ago that I was shocked at how much MORE expensive fuel was for you guys, and the opposite was true in the USA - I was shocked at how cheap the fuel was comparitively 5 yrs ago.

Unleaded is around AUD170 a litre. Diesel is up around 190 a litre here (in country NSW)

My +1's Suzuki Jimny (1.3l 4x4) cost me just over $50 to fill up the other day. My Nissan Navara DualCab cost over 100 bucks a time (and has done for months!)

What is required, rather than stop-gap efforts to reduce the proce of petroleum based fuels, is to begin researching the alternatives we will need when the petroleum runs out (as it inevitably will). Replacing petrol/diesel with LPG/LNG is a short-term measure as LNG is also a resource with a finite limit.

Down here is South Australia it costs about $1.55-$1.70 for regular unleaded (low quality). Here the price goes up on Wednesday and slowly reduces where Tuesday is the cheapest, then jacks up again on Wednesday!

Diesel is $1.86 angry I am trying to work out HOW diesel is cheaper than petrol in Jpan yet more expensive than petrol here???

My cousin has introduced me to the world of bio diesel and once i am in my own place I plan to have a crack at making it. Savings will be around $500 month for me..

Diesel is now more expensive in the UK than regular. About 10p more. FWIW, it has got more energy in it though. In Japan, diesel is about 75p.

If people pay higher prices in Europe, I suppose they will in Japan too if they have to.

Originally Posted By: Indo

Diesel is $1.86 angry I am trying to work out HOW diesel is cheaper than petrol in Jpan yet more expensive than petrol here???

My cousin has introduced me to the world of bio diesel and once i am in my own place I plan to have a crack at making it. Savings will be around $500 month for me..

The diesel thing is demand driven. It used to be cheaper in the UK too, but then all the TDis came out and ordinary folk started putting it in anything from subcompacts up. Demand for diesel in Japan will never increase due to the NOx regs in the big cities. Second hand diesel vans are now more expensive in Japan though since they are cheaper to run for the folk allowed to own them.

In some places, a market is developing for used grease to make biodiesel. You mightn't get it for free any more.

I was reading that AEON are thinking of putting in electric car chargers so you can charge you car while shopping. Takes one hour to do a car Vs. 7 hours on a regular 110V system. You would probably get a premium parking spot too, nice.

I have just told one of my clients that I wont be servicing his equipment anymore because he is too far away and it's just not economically viable to travel that far.

I think this is a sign of things to come.

The small strip mall style stores will probably see a bit more custom than usual, with people making the drive to the big shopping centres less frequent for a larger shop, and top ups a walk away at the local IGA/small retailer.

In WA, I also expect to see a big rise in the numbers of people who visit the Swan Valley wine region just outside Perth for thier winery, handicrafts and boutique resturant experience rather than driving hours and hours down to Margaret River...

There will be heaps of adjustments I suppose.

Originally Posted By: Ezorisu
Last week in Honolulu:
regular unleaded $4.25 USD per US gallon
premium unleaded $4.45
dinosaur deisel $5.18
biodeisel $? sorry.

Huh??? dinosaur deisel?? WTF?