Pre-season - worst time of year or time to enjoy?

I have to reiterate that I enjoy the anticipation-totally agree with the sex analogy. Feel sorry for all you lot with ants in yer pants. Back to the analogy-this time is like when you're still out (at the bar,club, party, whatever) and still getting into what's going on ,but you know you'll soon be going to be getting dirty with that girl you've just hooked up with. Done and dusted-can't wipe that Cheshire cat grin of your face now can you?

The powder will be here soon enough..yeah baby....yeah!

What is the question here? Are you asking:

Is life better just before the season starts (ie Now) or just after the season ends?

or

Are the conditions at the beginning of the season (ie in a few weeks when we are boarding but it there are still rocks and trees) better than the end of the season (when we are boarding in spring but there are rocks and trees...and slushy snow)?

My answer to the first one is it depends. At the end of the season I am usually a bit down that the season is over, but I have had a good long run and I am ready for the summer to start. The days are getting longer, nights less chilly, skirts shorter...so I am ready for a break. This time of year I have had a long break and I am sure as hell ready to get on my snowboard. It is a bit frustrating when the snow is slow to fall (especially when you come all the way to Japan and they are having the earliest winter in 10 years in America when this time last year you were stuck in America reading about the earliest season in 10 years in Japan mad.gif ) but never fear, the snow will begin to come down eventually, and a nice long winter full of many fun days on the mountain with good friends is sure to be right around the corner.

So which side am I on then?

Oh...and if it is the second question than early season (snow pack accumulating) conditions are pretty much always better than late spring conditions (snow pack melting).