1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

rather a limited sample - hard to extrapolate to the wider community with the small group of respondents.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

t177,

You need to go to the mozilla site and search the add-ins page. Use the actual name of the add-in (that is - IE Tab with capitalisation and spaces as the actual one, or the search will not find it).

IE Tab works fine with the most recent version.

Originally Posted By: t177
Been using FF and upgraded it FF3 at work as it came out. It seems faster and has better memory utilization but I don't like how all my add ins no longer work.

FF3 on my older machine has given it a new lease of life, FF2 was almost unusable with it's lack of speed and the amount of memory it hogged.

I agree tho, there are a bunch of extension that still don't work, although these are slowly coming right. FF3 spots when there is an upgrade to the extension/addon etc and asks if I want to install it. The Firefox didn't manage that one very well! Probably didn't give the 3rd party developers sufficient notice.

Yea, it seems like it was too short of a notice to 3rd party for sure. But I'm still appreciating the faster speed and less memory usage of FF3 though. IE7 just blows while trying to open a new tab. wakaranai

I think they released the first release candidate last november, but myself I didnt pick up on it until the RC2 came out a month or so ago.

Happy,

I guess it depends on what you are doing.

I regularly run with 3 or 4 tabs open in FF, and find that the same mode of operation with IE causes super slow operation.

If you only ever run a single browser instance (whether as tabs or as new browsers) then you will likely see very little difference.

OTOH, if as I suspect JM does, you regularly run several tabs and switch between them, then IE will operate extremely slowly.

OK, whatever! Is it really necessary to start making digs at people (like "(Or, your just talking rubbish!)", though? And, yes, I did see the wink!

It seems that Tech people, wherever they are, seem to prefer FF, while the majority of personal users use IE because it is there and enabled by default.

This is part of my objection to it. MS has bound IE so closely to the OS that the removal of IE causes the OS to stop functioning properly.

My apologies, I wasn't meaning to be taking digs. Sorry sorry.

cheers

It's just that people seem to be talking about something else, not what I use, which is fine.

But -- it really doesn't matter, does it!

smile

Originally Posted By: happyhappy
My 2+ year old notebook must just be a super computer then.

:envy: Enjoy it while it lasts! They all turn into crap all too quickly.

And yours must be rubbish!

Sad, but now true

Or, your just talking rubbish!

Occasionally, but not this time. Of course it could be you... wink