The FOOTBALL Thread (2008-2009)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had to choose a (realistic) team to beat us to the PL title, it would have to be Chelsea. I would prefer them to beat us to it than Liverpool. There's simply too much attached to Liverpool getting their mits on it for the first time.

wink

Oh not much, we just came back from well behind to WIN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!!! 25/05/05

On a different note, this is all we need:

>>>>

Steven Gerrard will undergo a scan on a persistent groin problem on Thursday amid concerns Liverpool's Champions League quarter-final defeat to Chelsea could have greater repercussions for the remainder of the club's season.

The Liverpool captain complained of a tight groin for the second successive game following Wednesday night's 3-1 defeat although, unlike at Fulham on Saturday, the 28-year-old was able to complete the 90 minutes at Anfield. Gerrard was withdrawn at Craven Cottage as a precaution and did not require a scan, but this latest occurrence has left Liverpool no option but to send the midfielder for an assessment.

Even a brief absence for the midfielder would represent a major setback for Rafael Benítez's team, who have little margin for error in their pursuit of Manchester United in the Premier League and face a daunting return against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge next Tuesday. Liverpool host Blackburn Rovers in the early kick-off this Saturday at Anfield and also entertain Arsenal on Tuesday 21 April.

Whats with Liverpool and all these goals? It just doesn't seem right somehow.

Oh yes, Wigan scored against Arsenal.

United up too - looking slightly better than they have been of late, though that isn't too difficult!

Yes still got a game in hand:

1 Man Utd: played 31 71 points

2 Liverpool: played 32 70 points

3 Chelsea: played 32 67 points

I can't remember off hand which is the game in hand.

That 1 point for United is very important, as Liverpool have a much better goal difference right now. Hasn't been fun watching United of late, they have GOT to get back to something like normal soon.

Hoping west brom are out of it by 17 May. And if we still close to manutd at that time, all eyes will be on arsenal that same day against man utd.

Most hate Premiership player?

Terry and Drogba would be in mine. And is that Savage dude still around?

>>

Craig Bellamy – He’s very much in the mould of number 3 on our list. Never met the guy and would never want to, you can just tell that he would be an absolute nightmare though, cant you. Left more clubs due to his behavioural problems than Rafa Benitez has had hot paella dinners. Personally I dislike him based on reputation, wouldn’t say I hate him though.

Ashley Cole – Hated by all Arsenal fans, hated by most England fans and hated by anyone disenchanted with all the things wrong with modern day football. ‘Cashley’ has courted hostility since he jumped ship to Chelsea and allegedly demanded extortionate amounts of wages – of course, as you would expect, he claims he didn’t move for the money.

El Hadji Diouf – He spits at players, taunts fans and is generally a bit of an overrated, jumped up.……… (feel free to insert the most derogatory word you can think of). Most people hate him and I think he is definitely a fair shout for most hated Premiership player.

Didier Drogba – What can I say, make you own minds up. I hate him.

Frank Lampard – Never been able to fully understandthis one myself, I have to admit I don’t mind Lamps. Yes he can seem smug and a bit arrogant but at least he hasn’t got some of the delightful characteristics which some of the other hopefuls pride themselves on.

A United blog without any United players in the Premierships most hated players? Typical United fan you shout!! I can already hear some of you mentally composing the comment your about to leave slating me. Don’t worry folks, here’s the last two. Worthy, worthy competitors I must say.

Gary Neville – As the song goes; Gary Neville is a red, he hates scousers. Unsurprisingly, Scousers hate him, as do many, many other football fans I have spoke to. One of the most hated? Definitely! I can see where Gary Neville haters are coming from and I am a United fan.

Cristiano Ronaldo – I make no defence for the guy. Good looking, world class footballer, millionaire, arrogant and smug – enough to make you hate anyone isn’t it. His icing on the cake is his treble somersault/roll followed by an arm flap and ‘feel sorry for me’ face. Fans love that.

His response to being called the most famous footballer in Portugal recently was apparently to suggest ‘only in Portugal’ - I can hear knuckles clenching already. I even think that secretly Rooney hates him.

The conversation I overheard on the bus eventually petered away and the chavs began discussing how fit so and so was – the rest isn’t really appropriate for a blog on The Times. Was bloody interesting though!!