The FOOTBALL Thread (2008-2009)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Rio or Vidic (suspension) for United.

That defence is not making me confident.

shifty

Squeaky bum time!!

VDS

Neviile

O'Shea

Evans

Evra

Nani

Carrick

Fletcher

Giggs

Ronaldo

Tevez

Half time, not happy. United are blowing the season, they are still being very rubbish.

For all the suspensions/injuries --- what has happened, how did it come to this.

We might as well just put the trophy on a big plate and hand it over.

I think some team in the 4th division has stolen and swapped skills with our players, x-files-like style.

eyes wakaranai

Gahhh...

That was painful after Villa were the better team for 80 minutes. Still, at least you can say that Man Utd are on a very bad run of form, they won't win every game playing like that. We on the other hand look like scoring 4 every game - if it continues like this then we will win it.

A little bit I was happy for the Italian 17 year old when he scored at the end, if it was Ronaldo or, heaven forbid, Nani then I would have broken my TV, but instead it was kind of a touching fairytale. I thought he handled it badly though, ignoring his teammates to rush to his mate in the stands, and then kissing the camera at the end of the game.

We got stuffed.

Don't know about that bobby. That was a miserable performance, but I think United turned a corner there. Got the 3 points with a very underpowered team. Big players will be back, can't get any worse, bit of confidence, etc. Sorry better luck next time wink

United were dire though weren't they. As you said, can't really get worse than that, yet they got the 3 points. And remember, it was only 3 weeks ago when they were the ones on the amazing run of good form.

Well that was a good end to a frustrating game. Amazing what those younguns can do. I'm with you bobby, I really don't like Nani, I hope we get rid. He's useless and annoying. Tevez is a "workhorse" but whats the use in that if he gives the ball away and doesn't actually contribute much. 30 mill? Having a laugh!

I am more hopeful this morning though. I agree I think with our best players back the worst is over and we can go on. Got to, otherwise it's Liverpools title.

Either way it is going to be a great end of season. Only 4 points in it, and 3 points can be dropped anytime as we have seen this weekend in both the liverpool and man utd games. man utd have a tougher run in.

I spoke too soon perhaps slap

Agonising to see that go in at the end, just didn't see that happening.

I agree about Tevez don't rate him at all.

Seems we really did stun United a few weeks ago, but I can see them getting back to winning ways now they won that. Fine line between collapse and rehab. That defense last night was laughable, but they got the points.

Not over yet though! I'll still dance a bit dance

PREMIERSHIP RUN IN:

LIVERPOOL

Saturday, 11 April 2009

Liverpool v Blackburn, 12:45

Tuesday, 21 April 2009

Liverpool v Arsenal, 20:00

Saturday, 25 April 2009

Hull v Liverpool, 15:00

Saturday, 02 May 2009

Liverpool v Newcastle, 15:00

Saturday, 09 May 2009

West Ham v Liverpool, 15:00

Saturday, 16 May 2009

West Brom v Liverpool, 15:00

Sunday, 24 May 2009

Liverpool v Tottenham, 16:00

MAN UTD

Saturday, 11 April 2009

Sunderland v Man Utd, 15:00

Wednesday, 22 April 2009

Man Utd v Portsmouth, 20:00

Saturday, 25 April 2009

Man Utd v Tottenham, 15:00

Saturday, 02 May 2009

Middlesbrough v Man Utd, 15:00

Saturday, 09 May 2009

Man Utd v Man City, 15:00

Wednesday, 13 May 2009

Wigan v Man Utd, 20:00

Saturday, 16 May 2009

Man Utd v Arsenal, 15:00

Sunday, 24 May 2009

Hull v Man Utd, 16:00

.. I can see Man Utd maybe dropping points to Boro, Man City and Arsenal.

We really ought to take maximum points from those games. Maybe Arsenal can nick a draw. But we have had trouble breaking down weaker teams at Anfield, and we are really going to have to do that now. I think for man utd those last 4 games before hull are all tough ones.

i think the Newcastle game might be hardest...they are playing for Premiership survivial. West Brom probably relegated by then. Blackburn and Spurs players just thinking about the beach! The Arsenal game should be a good one

Originally Posted By: bobby12
I thought he handled it badly though, ignoring his teammates to rush to his mate in the stands, and then kissing the camera at the end of the game.

bobby, before he went to his mates and dad, he was with his team-mates - actually under them!

http://www.soccerclips.net/en/videos/man-utd-3-2-aston-villa-macheda
Originally Posted By: brit-gob
Football, bloody hell.

Well said.
As much as I hated that goal going in, isn't footie just the best. Such intense emotion just look at the fans going absolutely bonkers.
As the sig says...