The FOOTBALL Thread (2008-2009)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walcott (Arsenal) out for the rest of the season.

Injusted himself, er, WALKING.

Quote:
The Arsenal forward, who has only recently returned to action after four months out with a dislocated shoulder, was walking through the club's London Colney training ground when his knee locked and swelled up immediately.

In the absence of no Wigan game on tv (what a surprise), I'm looking forward to the United and Chelsea games tonight. Then Liverpool tomorrow. Lets see how things change come tomorrow night.

We're on 38 minutes now but this is perhaps the worst half of United (is it really United?) I think I have ever seen. We are simply awful. No way we are going to come back and win this, Fulham are all over us. I totally don't get why Rooney is not on there. No hairdryer will be strong enough to sort this mess out.

If Chelsea and Liverpool win this weekend it's going to be 1 point clear with a game in hand at the top and some serious psychological issues to sort out! I suppose it makes it all very exciting.

grandpa

veryangry

Happily it seems that most of the United team have suddenly forgotten how to play football. Very curious, but I like it! thumbsup

Funny old game footy.

I fully expect to see Rooney on very soon.

I'm hoping Spurs can come up with some goods tonight too.

Fulahm 2-0 Man Utd

Spurs 1-0 Chelsea

OOO BABY! Thats what I like to see! I said it would all be about how Man utd respond to the liverpool defeat, and it seems the knees are well and truly wobbling! We have a tough one tonight against villa, but bring it on! IT AINT OVER TILL ITS OVER!!!

As much as I found it amusing that Rooney was sent off (and subsequently messing up Uniteds plans), I thought it was very harsh.

Yes, it was thrown with some power. But it was thrown to the place where the free kick was to be taken, it was going to be United's free kick (he wasn't 'wasting time', rather the opposite), and it was not aimed at and did not hit anyone.

If all passion is to be extinguished from footie, that in itself is a sad thing to happen.

Can a weekend get any better than that???? biggrin biggrin biggrin

Even more unusual is the fact that Pool seem to be scoring well lately. I cant remember the last time Pool were actually the highest scorers in the league.

I didnt see the game, but 2 penalties and a scoring free kick? did villa forget the rules?

if we beat fulham a week on sat then we go top for a day! then man utd will have a tough one home to villa, who will have something to prove now smile

Loved seeing Shrek get sent off for his "dummy out the pram" routine when he threw the ball away..tut tut Wayne, tantrums will get you nowhere!! naughty

Can't believe that Liverpool are actually making a late charge of it, lets hope they can keep it up and see if Red-faced fergie will be "Vewy pwoud" at the end of the season!! C'mon Liverpool!!