The FOOTBALL Thread (2008-2009)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that game summed up the season didnt it, Man Utd just proved they are that little bit better at grinding out results.

Vidics winner, then Macheda against villa, Carrick against Wigan, there were so many painful moments.

AS the commentator said when they came out to get the trophy, the SQUAD won it for them. They have 2 international quality players for every position, apart from maybe at centre half which cause dtheir blip when vidic/ferdinand were out.

It was not a good game for sure.

But the reason why United have won is actually quite simple:

United won more games than Liverpool...facht!

United drew less games than Liverpool...facht!

Liverpool dropped more points than United....facht!

More fachts:

United have gone further in every competition than Liverpool...facht!

United have won more trophies this season than Liverpool have done in the last 3 years....facht!

Liverpools team is very average once G and T are take out - and that is IN SPITE of all the money Mr Rafa has spent on not-particularly-good players. Who's fault is that?

friend

Regarding Tevez. I think he simply isn't worth the money being asked. He's "a little workhorse" as the commentators blather on about and runs all over the place like a headless chicken, but look at the stats. He has got some good goals coming on as a sub - starting games like yesterday he just doesn't isn't as effective. Contrary to what all the media go on about, he is not universally loved and cherished by all United followers.

I dont think he will get a contract for these reasons:

1) Blatent winding up Fergie against Wigan

2) Despite no doubt being bollocked for it, doing the exact same thing again against Arsenal when taken off.

3) Waving goodbye although that is by no means finalised.

4) United fans shouting 'sign him up' all the time has a negative impact on the club because it puts his agent in a stronger bargaining position where he can demand more money. This higher demand of money may lead Fergie to say 'no he is not worth that'.

5) He was crap most of the season until recently.

Rooney was Man Utds man of the match yesterday, he was everywhere. The whole team were pretty poor though, I think they basically played for a draw.

Yes think so.

United were lucky not to get beat yesterday, but hey defending is a skill too. And who has got the most points at the end of the long season?

Benitez should focus more on his own team than coming up with the repeated 'what if' loser-like comments.

I wonder how Liverpool will play tonight.

Tevez simply isn't worth the price tag.

And his public moaning is getting annoying - I'm sure Sir Fergs doesn't particularly take to that.

He's off.

I'll enjoy watching the Liverpool game tonight. They have Chelsea not far behind them so they'll play as good as they can surely.

Whats more interesting is Uniteds team against Hull next week, just 3 days before the CL final (which is just RIDICULOUS).

What a defensive blunder for W Brom. Poor bloke, he's going to have nightmares!

28 min: COMEDY GOAL! West Bromwich Albion 0-1 Liverpool. Should West Brom lose today, what a way to crash out of the Premier League it will be. Martis fannies around 35 yards from goal, just to the left. He takes his eye off the ball and stumbles on it, then over his own legs - think Gerry Young for Sheffield Wednesday in the 1966 FA Cup final - allowing Steven Gerrard to scoot clear. He looks like over-running the ball, but just before Kiely can smother, he recovers and dinks the ball over the keeper and into the empty net. Oh dear.

lol

No, next year is always Liverpools year. Leave off! slap

That was one frustrating game to watch, we were close to Arsenal giving us a big favour but it wasn't to be.

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote:

"Chelsea deserve all the plaudits they will get and, especially on their home form, they are worthy champions."

Jose Mourinho

Quote:

"I have to congratulate the champions, the players, the manager, the fans, the board; all the people that helped them to be champions.

Avram Grant

Quote:

"United had a great season, played very well and are champions," said Grant.

"I especially want to congratulate Sir Alex Ferguson. He is a great manager and a great person."

Arsene Wenger

Quote:

"My message to United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is congratulations for the achievement - and get ready for the fight next year."

Rafael Benitez

Quote:

"Normally you have to be polite and respect the other manager but during the season we have seen a lot of things that I didn't like, so that's it.

dy8y0j.jpg

Though he is hardly Oscar Wilde, I think Liverpool should make Sammy Lee do all the talking next year.

I don't think Fergie gives two tosses what anyone says, whereas you get the feeling the likes of Benitez, Wenger and of course Keegan et al really get wound up by it.

Rather than Fergie not giving any tosses, he's probably having a good laugh - like most United fans are.

That final could be really tough for United I think. ( Hope so wink )

For the Hull game I think Fergie will put out a weakened squad but not full of babbys. Maybe have some rested stars on the bench. But if I were a United fan, I'd be saying to hell with that game we have the CL final 3 days later thats what is important.