The FOOTBALL Thread (2008-2009)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rafael Benítez has waded into another potential feud with Sir Alex Ferguson by mischievously suggesting that the Manchester United manager recognises that "Liverpool are the better side". The Spaniard, whose verbal exchanges with Ferguson have become a regular feature in this season's title race, also claimed that the United manager thinks he has a "licence" to play mind games with his rivals because he makes his remarks without fear of being challenged.

"I'm not having a battle of words with Alex Ferguson," Benítez said in an interview with his hometown newspaper, ABC. "But....oh go, on then I will! Yes, I will! Fahcts. Lets talk fahcts. I believe that he can see that we are the better side, and that we are very close to United. He has been accustomed to playing these types of mind games for many years. Nobody has ever said anything against him, or stood up to him, as he has a very good team that can win ­trophies. It seems like he has a licence to do these sorts of things."

Just watched the Lpool v Arsenal game this morning as it was replayed on J-sports, what a cracker. Defences making mistakes all over the place, some tough tackles going in and just a few good goals! Was quite dissappointed at the crowds reaction to Lpool equalising though at the death. I would've thought they'd have celebrated a bit stronger...maybe just worn out with all the ups and downs. Arshavin looks like he will be a quality player for the Arse next season

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Just watched the Lpool v Arsenal game this morning as it was replayed on J-sports,

what? wow you were lucky to see that, lately its been baseball baseball and more bloody baseball - all four jsports channels had baseball on last evening....great if you love yakkyu
Originally Posted By: SG
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Just watched the Lpool v Arsenal game this morning as it was replayed on J-sports,

what? wow you were lucky to see that, lately its been baseball baseball and more bloody baseball - all four jsports channels had baseball on last evening....great if you love yakkyu

every saturday morning from about 8 or 9am they replay a game from last week, a Scottish game (Celtic Vs ANother) and then the highlights programme

Hmm close but no cigar last night.

It still aint over!

Looking at man utds fixtures, each game is tough. Away to 3 relegation contenders, and home to Arse and Man City.

Thought it was all over at half time there.

Looks like both the big games (Liverpool and United) had dubious decisions for the first goals.

What a performance by United in the 2nd half though.

It's ridiculous that players get a yellow for taking their shirt off. That needs changing.

Originally Posted By: bobby12
It still aint over! Looking at man utds fixtures, each game is tough. Away to 3 relegation contenders, and home to Arse and Man City.

Running out of games!
Running out of games!
Running out of games!
razz