The FOOTBALL Thread (2008-2009)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
bobby, before he went to his mates and dad, he was with his team-mates - actually under them!

Maybe I was half asleep but I remember Duncan Fletcher doing a wrestling move on him to stop him running out of the ground back to Roma! veryshocked
Quote:
Macheda said: "I have dreamed of a day like this.

"I just turned and shot and ran to my family. I was surprised to get a chance but now I just want to keep going."

I reckon by now he must be about halfway across France? rollabout
Originally Posted By: bobby12
Quote:
bobby, before he went to his mates and dad, he was with his team-mates - actually under them!

Maybe I was half asleep but I remember Duncan Fletcher doing a wrestling move on him to stop him running out of the ground back to Roma! veryshocked

You mean DARREN Fletcher, right? wink
Originally Posted By: rach
The lads entitled to be very excited.
Can't see anything wrong in it all myself

friend

me neither Rach, it bugs me when refs start booking players for doing that. Can't you show your joy at scoring a winning goal?? Refs are like the dweeby guys who couldn't get a game when they were kids so they wield their power by denying those that do have skill

A referee ordered a penalty to be retaken in a Sunday league football game when an opposition player broke wind as the ball was kicked.

The Chorlton Villa player got a yellow card for the noise which was classed as "ungentlemanly conduct".

The team, who conceded a goal on the second take, went on to win the match 6-4 against International Manchester FC at Turn Moss in Stretford, Manchester.

Villa manager Ian Treadwell said their conduct was "normally exemplary".

"One of our players 'broke wind' and only the referee heard it and he booked the player," he said.

"The other player had the penalty saved because it was a bad penalty; it was nothing to do with any noise. They were as shocked as we were as to why."

Mr Treadwell said he was waiting for the Football Association to contact them after it had received a report.

The Manchester Publicity league club faces total fines of £97 for three dismissals and two yellow card bookings from the game.

Mr Treadwell said: "We are not a dirty team and we like to play football.

"While I won't condone the actions of the players, it is an emotive game and some of the players were sent off for entering into conversation with the referee.

"This has come at a bad time in the season as we don't have sponsor and we are looking for a new sponsor for next season."

Pauline Riley, secretary and treasurer of International Manchester FC, said both team were "very friendly".

"There's no animosity. It was just hilarious," she said.

Chelsea have been totally overlooked but they are still in with a chance, I dont like that situation too much. I'll be cacking my pants all night as usual with CL games.

are they getting shown live on TV? The J-Sports schedule only seems to have the Lpool v chelsea game replayed on Thursday night at 10pm

I have a sneaking feeling that the winner of the Barca V B Munich game will be the ones who win the CL

Yep. That was disappointing. Hard to see how we can turn it round, every team we play will be raising their game sensing a win.

They just looked TIRED and uninspired. I think we need some youthful energy in there to fire some energy in - Wellbeck and that bloke from Sunday. They didn't do badly then, give them their chance. Scholes and Neville are looking old.

Yeh Hulk is the man. He had a few penaltys turned down - I thought it was going to make him angry (you wont like him when he's angry) but he managed to still calm.

I only watched the second half but it was pleasing. Still, they just have to go and win in Porto now, they are far from out of it.

It's the huge games tonight, wish I could watch them both.

Hulk. lol How come some players can go by nicknames and others don't (can't)?

Miserable performance from United again. I thought that win on Sunday might have lit a flame under their butts.

Yes tonight (tomorrow morning) should be fun.