I will be going to the area soon and wondering which of the lifts would be best for views/short walk on a fine day? Happo or Tsugaike? What you reckon?

Thanks!

I like the tsugaike area better but thats just me. The Happo gondola is cheaper but the Tsugaike gondola takes you higher, if thats any help.

If i remember well from last summer, you can drive up till the Kurobishi restaurant and take the lifts up the top and skip the gondola.

I would say Happo is best. Tsugaike is too expensive and Goryu has too many trees on the ridge from the resort to see much from the path. You need to get really high at Goryu before the views open out. At Happo the ridge is exposed and you can see great in both directions, north being best.

Dunno if the Kurobishi lift is moving every day, but you can drive up there for sure. Tsugaike is worth paying at autumn leaves time.

Someone died paragliding the other day, so RIP to them.

Hi IIIII. I agree. I went up Happo last year (just uploaded some photos to SJ). You take the gondola and then 2 quad lifts, then walk up to Happo ike which is about an hour or so.

Get views like this

miller_7.jpg

miller_6.jpg

miller_5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if more people would use the gondolas if there were cheaper.

When I sent the place was deserted. I couldn't help feel that if it was cheaper then more people would go. 3000 yen or whatever it was for Tsugaike just felt wrong.

This is totally one of those 'what I heard' things, so probably untrue (!) but - I heard from someone involved at Hakkai-san that it costs about 4000-5000 yen in electricity per ropeway trip. Big bag of salt perhaps needed. lol