• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soubs, you will get that cuddle - she is fighting.

I had a friend on the phone in tears today - her husband has decided to stop fighting, no more chemo - it is making him far too ill and the prognosis for him is not positive. She said to me "...I just want my husband." It was pretty sad. All I could say to her is..."you have him - he is right in front of you, right now - and once the chemo is stopped you will have him feeling a lot better for a while. Stop worrying about tomorrow and love him today." Easy to say - hard to do! We don't like to see the ones we love suffering. But I would also be pretty ticked if my partner was taken with no warning - especially if the last things said were not "I love you".

Give her a gentle cuddle today Soubs, and once that bruising subsides get in there and cuddle to your hearts content.

I'm very sorry to read that Mamabear. Life is a vale of tears, that's for sure. I can well understand that your friend's husband has decided to stop faffing around and let nature take its course. Sometimes the intervention is worse than the disease

The memsahib has opted to go for surgery and nothing else. She'll be monitoring things very closely with a series of follow-up scans, but is determined to avoid chemo and radiation therapy. So be it.

Originally Posted By: soubriquet
It`s going well, but I miss a good cuddle at night.

well shave your beard off mate... wink

seriously now: all the best to you and your lady. she sounds like a real fighter.

Soubs, mate.

Update?? How's the soubriquette?

Hope all is progressing well with the treatment and the aftermath.

Originally Posted By: soubriquet
She's mourning for her youthfull beauty.

Aren't we all, mate!! lol

Seriously, though, great to hear that she's doing OK so far. Factis, you'll get used to the new shape. It is what's inside that counts and no surgeon can take that away!

Good to hear things doing well there soubs.

I was told I am more beautiful now than I was when I came to Japan. Didn't quite know what to make of that, but I'll take it (was an attractive young lady that said it, so that'll do!