Thanks for the warm sentiments everyone. I felt as if I was going out of my mind earlier, but we have just had a fortnight together on holiday. That was very calming.

She's back in hospital this afternoon for some more tests, and due to go under the knife next Wednesday. The strategy is to deal with one tumour at a time, so after surgery she'll probably have to go to Chiba for some radiation therapy. Then on to the second.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks 2pints and vicar. Mr Vicar: she's spiritual and believes in Karma. Doing good means getting good. We go with that but don't believe that Christ was the son of God. There is no God.

Doing fieldwork in the Atlas mountains, Morocco I was confronted with the question "was Christ the Son of God". I could quite confidently answer "No"

There is no God. Therefore, he can't have a son.

Sentiments I can absolutely agree with, soubs. Karma, on the other hand, is a very real matter. Best, peace and happiness!

Soubs, good to hear from you. It's good that you both had a moment to get your thoughts settled while on holiday. Now you can approach the coming treatments with focus and fortitude. A positive attitude counts for much. Again, best wishes!

Glad to hear from you Soubs, and even more glad that you and Soubriquette managed to have a lovely 2 weeks together before embarking on this next challenge.

My very best thoughts, and wishes are with you both - I also believe that the positive thoughts and energy of self and others makes a massive difference to experiences and outcomes.

Whenever the going gets tough know that our support and care is right behind you both. May that help you put one foot in front of the other on the days you find it hard to do so - and may it bring you a lot of joy on the days you have cause to celebrate.

She's gone in to hospital today. Nice room, but no swimming pool, palm trees or Balinese making you feel at the centre of attention.

Under the knife tomorrow, then in'sh Allah home on Friday. When they get the dead meat under the microscope, we'll start to know the extent of the problems.

Soubs,

I know we all feel for you and soubriquette. We also all hope we don't have to go through this sort of thing.

Please, keep us in the loop, and pass our very best wishes to herself. Whilst she may not know us (nor we know her) she is a real part of our community and we all wish her well.

Thanks JA. She's optimistic, and without doubt the bravest person I've ever met. Leaving aside the obvious and direct problems, I'm 56 and not looking forward to have to build a new life again. Very selfish I know. Age is decreasing my ability to handle stress, and that makes me ratty. We'll know more on Friday, and subsequently.

Soubs, I don't think it's selfish to wonder your own future at all. It's completely natural.

Stay strong. A positive attitude sometimes seems to be more effective at beating the odds than medical technology.

I have to echo MJ's sentiments there.

Papabear has a habit of kicking on at the pub without letting me know...and of course I worry when he is not home as expected and not contactable. Many times I have pondered how I would put one foot in front of the other should he be gone. It is totally human. The reality is that you find some way - but don't ever beat yourself up for feeling/thinking it!! Most of us do.

Stay positive and love her well right now, tomorrow will take care of itself - if ever there was a time to live each day as it is - now is it.

Mamabear and jane have said it much more eloquently than I could, but be assured that we all feel for you. Dammit! Be selfish! No one sensible would blame you one jot!

The operation was a technical success. She's had a lump the size of a hazelnut cut out of her neck, and it's healing nicely. My role is to change the dressings, not that I'm much good at it. We'll have the biopsy results next week.

Depending on the results the next move will either be radiotherapy, or on to the next shadow. Unfortunately, No2 is a lot deeper. And so on.

As for optimism, the memsahib is planning a Bali trip for November. This time we will be three, travelling with one of her cake ladies, appropriately named Yumi.

Thanks

Get the girl back into that kitchen. We need more cakes for the next party. Ahhhh Sorry, I did actually steal an extra cake as I wanted one immediately and one for the next day with a cup of tea mmmmmmm. I just had to get that off my chest.

Chin up Soubs. She'll be right mate. Live life and another trip to Bali sounds like a good idea. A very calming atmosphere.